You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

A Searing Struggle - Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Ranulf

I will not join your gametabs.

Tab
Song

I'm not sure if I can figure out the rest...Want to finish it Kiku? :D

A Searing Struggle I made a

Kiku

No Sympathy

A Searing Struggle

I made a few changes to your tab and added the backing/harmony guitar. For the most part, it was correct; you just need to be a little more careful proofreading your tab because I caught a few errors here and there.

The tab isn't complete yet, I'll probably finish it tomorrow. I had an exam this morning so I'm going to take a break on it for now.

Awesome, man, and

Ranulf

Awesome, man, and thanks!
Yeah, I knew there were errors, but I just couldn't hear the correct notes. I just went with what sounded closest. Harmonies always give me problems...

Sorry to bother, but did you

Ranulf

Sorry to bother, but did you forget about this or have you just been busy? D:

So you didn't do the solo? I

BacardiBreezer

My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up!

So you didn't do the solo? I would do some changes like g14 to b10 for easier playing.

I know I did the SNES version

BacardiBreezer

My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up!

I know I did the SNES version a while back, it may be pretty similar but won't say anything about the solo.

We pretty much had Sealed Time figured out, except a few notes in the solo, but never posted it.

Re: Sorry to bother, but did you

Kiku

No Sympathy

Ranulf said

Sorry to bother, but did you forget about this or have you just been busy? D:

Yeah, sorry dude, had uni final exams back in April, but I should have finished the tab since then. Just been really forgetful and lazy, also starting new projects lol.

I also underestimated how much left there is to do. If I do both the lead and the backing/harmony, should take me a few more days. Check back with me soon and I should be done. Sorry again for the delay.

Oh, it's fine, man. No rush!

Ranulf

Oh, it's fine, man. No rush! I was just wondering.

A Searing Struggle part

Kiku

No Sympathy

A Searing Struggle part 2

Alright, still not finished, but a lot of progress has been made since my first post. However, there were a few parts that I wasn't too sure about, so I'm going to need you or someone else to check it for me.

Namely, bar 47 (roughly 1:15~ in the song) and bars 55 to 58 (1:30~). I may have made mistakes elsewhere too, so might as well check the whole tab.

I'm still debating whether or not I should tab out the two solos in the latter half of the song. I already know they're going to give me a massive headache...

If you don't want to do the

Ranulf

If you don't want to do the solos, then don't worry about them. :D
I only did a quick check, and it sounds like the lead part is correct; although I'm not completely sure. I didn't really check the harmony. :O
Once again, thanks for doing this, dude! I might do a more lengthy check tomorrow; although, it would probably be best to ask someone with a better trained ear.

A Searing Struggle (no

Kiku

No Sympathy

A Searing Struggle (no solo)

Well, it's about as done as it's going to get. I decided against doing the solos, so I just left a few empty bars where they would be in the tab. Didn't really add anything this update except copypasta once or twice. I'll just leave the tab here for anyone interested in playing the song.

Oh well, thanks so much for

Ranulf

Oh well, thanks so much for doing this, man!