You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

a question (about movie and anime/cartoon tabs) - page 2

Re: Come on

karathrow

Speedfreak said

What? Really?

Karathrow:

A lot of Gametabs members are interested in Bach, but that doesn't mean that Bach tabs should be hosted on Gametabs. Posting a Bach tab on the forums would be fine, though.

First of all I was not the one who said this, Nate said this.

I expanded a little on your Bach reference with the other composers I mentioned and was asking if you mean videos too since you said tabs would be fine. Sorry about the confusion.

There's a difference between "hey this doesnt belong on gametabs but Im posting on the forums with no expectations to be put on the site" and "PUT THIS UP PLZ IT WAS IN A GAME ONCE EVEN THOUGH IT HAS NO RELEVANCE TO THIS SITE"

Accchhhhhh!

Speedfreak

I need to practice

Lord almighty my bad dude! Wow I messed that one up. Yea honestly I think doing that (Bach tabs and stuff), even in forums, takes away from the focus here. I guess that's what YouTube is for, among the other thousands of guitar sites, huh?

Re: Accchhhhhh!

karathrow

Speedfreak said

Lord almighty my bad dude! Wow I messed that one up. Yea honestly I think doing that (Bach tabs and stuff), even in forums, takes away from the focus here. I guess that's what YouTube is for, among the other thousands of guitar sites, huh?

I think what Nate was saying, and what I am also trying to say is that posting it on the FORUMS is fine.

However us hosting it as an official tab is not fine.

Does that make sense? Sorry if Im not being clear.

EDIT: Just to make it clear I am not a mod and I have no say in any of this, I'm just putting out my view on the matter.

:)

Speedfreak

I need to practice

Loud and clear buddy. As cool as that sounds, I haven't seen much of it on here though. And that's not a complaint!

I don't like the idea of a

Ennea

humhum..

I don't like the idea of a sister site, why even bother with splitting everything ? I mean it would be more comfortable to have just a sub-section where you could also do sub-sub-section with anime/cartoon, Movies, Classical - everything that haven't got "rightful place" on gametabs. That this site has to be exclusively for gametabs seems kinda narrow minded (sry if this sounds offensive, foreign language barrier :|).

Also wouldn't that mean to split forums etc. That would make the site kinda small, seeing as there are 20 people at max active on the forums.

So my suggestion would be to just leave it as it is and change the anime-section to a more general term with more sub-sections on it.

Re: I don't like the idea of a

Hakoria

Laon King

Ennea said

That this site has to be exclusively for gametabs seems kinda narrow minded.

That was the site's starting concept. I think you meant restricted instead of narrow minded, but there's already (like others have said) so much vgm that it's pretty impossible for the site to run out of new content.

Forum doesn't have to be split for now. For the time where more people start coming for anime/other tabs, they could have an appropriate category for their discussions/submissions/WIP (and inside, have sub-sections when it starts getting too disordered). Once the community for the sister site is actually developing, they could get a seperate forum if it's somehow becoming inconvenient here? Keeping one forum for both should probably still suffice, genre-related will be seperated anyway while letting off-topic sections and such accessible to both sites.

In this way you can get interactions between not only the sister site's genres but with the vgcommunity, and both sides can also start getting interested in the others' music etc. So yeah, split forum would be inconvenient (and people who want to partake in both sides might need 2 accounts unless the user database is shared).

A first step would be, like you said, renaming Anime to "others" if ash is willing to develop the idea (he's not obliged to, and I still haven't bothered to look if such a site already exists). The sister site itself can come later when that section starts getting too important.

-----
Not related to the idea of sister-site, but on what is accepted as VGM:
Visual Novels? There are multiple cases here:
1. Ones like sengoku rance have a lot of gameplay elements such as TBS or Kamidori with Strategy RPGing, GA series (RTS). They are vns but since the gameplay factor is present (and for the two first titles at least, dominant imo; the third a bit less but still important) I believe it meets the criteria here.
2. Read-only VNs like Steins;Gate, FS/N, any Key works, E17, etcetc. You will find them on game sites though as they are still considered games even if all you do is direct the story. Y/N?
3. 95% read VNs with some gameplay, main example was Koihime Musou. Unlike #2 you do have small TBS moments, but unlike #1 it is not a main aspect. The point is, although very small there is actual gameplay.

#1 can have their game profile (I simply consider them games with vn aspect as secondary), #2 (in a lot of cases) often get their own anime, so they can be in animes section atm. #3's title has an anime anyway and the tabber could just specify if the piece is only in the VN or can be heard in both.
The #1 games don't have animes either, so they wouldn't fit in that category tbh.

I've been planning on tabbing some Sengoku Rance which is why I figured I could ask while I'm at it. Music will forever be godly.

I think Kirite is a visual

hslesperance

I think Kirite is a visual novel http://www.gametabs.net/game/796

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

Re: I think Kirite is a visual

N0Stars

It's actually a soundtrack made to accompany a short story called The Five Seasons of Kirite. Do we have any visual novel tabs on this site? If we do, we might want to consider making a separate tag for them.

Katawa Shoujo tabs (no actual

Hakoria

Laon King

Katawa Shoujo tabs (no actual gameplay, only storyline choices, but still under PC cat. since it's the only platform that runs it), and 'Dear You' from Higurashi (track from the sound novel which never plays in the anime itself; cannot 100% confirm that claim since I only watched the death scenes, didn't bother with the sequels either). KiRite seems like a sound novel based on the wiki description, but it's not on vndb.org so it's unrelated to vn/sn it seems.

Had forgotten that I saw those KS tabs. VN are already associated with games just like in gamefaqs I guess?

I think we can just treat

auriplane

I think we can just treat visual novels as games. Why not? They're barely less interactive than modern cutscene piles anyway ;-)

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: I think we can just treat

N0Stars

auriplane said

I think we can just treat visual novels as games. Why not? They're barely less interactive than modern cutscene piles anyway ;-)

I can't argue with that...

Re: I think we can just treat

Ennea

humhum..

You've been defeated!