You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Final Fantasy V - Distant Homeland ( aka "Home, Sweet Home" )

iamHoustonian

You don’t need to see my identification…

Been working on this one for a couple of days and just realized it's aka "Home, Sweet Home".
The title from my OST disc from FF Anthology is "Distant Homeland".
Distant Homeland
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrdKqfGhsps

This song plays when Bartz is remembering his father talk about the Crystals <> <> <> <> :-)

There are still a ton of

iamHoustonian

There are still a ton of missing parts.
Guitar I seems like it continues throughout the song but I can't really figure it out. It's the more acoustic sounding one. The piano really
I'd like to get it but this will suffice if we can't hehe

On guitar II part I the fifth

hslesperance

On guitar II part I the fifth note should be A10 both times

And the last four notes of part III you must have mixed up the guitar and strings

e|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
B|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
D|------------------------16---14------------------14------16------14--------------17-------------
A|-14------14---16---17-------------17---16---17---------------------------17---------------------
E|------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Any chance you could do the low notes on part II? The part that starts like this

e|--------------------
B|--------------------
G|--------------------
D|-----2--------------
A|---2----4-2-0-------
E|--------------3-----
----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

I updated it.Got the low

iamHoustonian

I updated it.
Got the low notes from Part II, I had a few notes figured out yesterday but finally brought it all together :-)
I switched the parts around so each Guitar can switch between parts easier too.

I was wondering if Guitar II should have a Part III as well. Like the strings from Part III?
Nobuo Uematsu's beautiful layering in this song is trying to boggle my brain *L_* haha

EDIT: Or maybe give Guitar I the strings and have Guitar II do the original Part III?
I'll probably decide on my own, just trying to bounce my ideas off something hehe

Here I am, yet again, with

iamHoustonian

Here I am, yet again, with another update.

This time I think I got it done. Gave strings to Guitar II in Part III

EDIT: Was confused about the A10 but I figured it out. I was thinking of the B10 and B9 from Guitar I Part I. You said Guitar II hehe dhuur

Home Sweet Home for naming

hslesperance

Home Sweet Home for naming consistency with other tabs

You forgot to change those four notes on guitar 1 part 3.

I messed up on those 6 notes of my last post for part 2. The A4 is actually A5

Also the fifth note of guitar 2 part 2 I changed to E3

Everything else sounds great

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

Thanks man! =^.^= I remember

iamHoustonian

Thanks man! =^.^=

I remember listening to my FF Anthology OST disc, back when I was 13, and thinking It would be so awesome if I knew how to play this song and FFV "Dear Friends" on guitar.

Had sort of a Déjà vu moment when I thought about that hehe