You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Lagoon - Title Screen & Final Battle

auriplane

I can't play this solo, but I transcribed it anyway! @[email protected]

http://auriplane.net/lagoon.gp5

Actually it's pretty much done, but since I can't play the solo I don't really know if those are the best fingerings. And anyway, I'm too lazy to post it right now.

The solo turns out to be simpler than it sounds, because there's a dotted sixteenth note delay on the lead. Since it's exactly a dotted sixteenth, it makes it sound like a ton of 32nd notes blurred together.

Unfortunately for me, there's 3 parts where the author chose to cut the echo out, and in its place put actual 32nd notes. So transcribing it was kind of a bitch, 'cause you have to listen for where it's NOT an echo. There's 3 parts, and they're too fast for me to play @[email protected];

So the fingerings may not be perfect in this tab, and also, I think it should be written at 234 bpm instead of 117, but I realized that after I'd already started, and I didn't want to start over. So those things could be improved maybe.

Oh well. GP5 file!!! I love this song, anyway.

Oh, and BTW, the other parts are all pretty easy (rhythm & bass parts). The rhythm part especially sounds cool on actual guitar xD

Game looks neat, reminds me

karathrow

Game looks neat, reminds me of Ys. Never played it though.

Music is pretty cool too.

Haha, it's totally a Ys

auriplane

Haha, it's totally a Ys ripoff. I loved it when I was younger. I don't quite care enough for it anymore to even play through, but I remember being really excited when I first played it.

(I used to think "action RPG" was the holy grail of video game genres. Now I think they're mostly action games with grinding.)

----------

Auriplane!!