You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Brands of Strings?

xSpearPointx

Embrace The Darkness

Hail,friends.

I was wondering what kind of strings you guys use for electric,All I've ever used are Ernie Ball Regular Slinkies. (10-46) But today I was at the pawn shop and picked up some D'addario 10-46s,gonna put them on once I get ahold of a bottle of Dunlop fretboard polish,Not sure what to expect,but from what I understand most strings are generally the same,just in different gauges and some feel different,what should I expect switching from Ernie Balls to D'addarios?

Try them both and draw your

Kiku

No Sympathy

Try them both and draw your own conclusions because differences in strings are subject to personal taste.

blue steel and rotosound

SalemJenet

blue steel and rotosound rotopinks

I use a mixture of different

Iron Killer 2000

I use a mixture of different strings: Ernie Balls, Rotosound, D'addario, and elixir. All my strings are light top heavy bottoms (10,13,17,32,42,52), i like them this guage cuz the E,A,D strings feel tighter when dropped tuned. The longest lasting strings by far are the elixirs, Rotosound and D'addario are cool but ernies are my favorites

----------

I love retro game, retro game music, death metal, and mosh pits

Re: I use a mixture of different

Iron Killer 2000

Also the E,A,D strings sound more defined though my guitar, although that could be in part due to the fact i have EMG 81/85

----------

I love retro game, retro game music, death metal, and mosh pits

I've gone through a lot of

auriplane

I've gone through a lot of really bad tone via experimenting and having no idea what I've been doing, but I think I like these now :-)

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: blue steel and rotosound

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

SalemJenet said

blue steel

this.

^^ oh and that, auris post. exactly

i use ernie ball on my acoustic too, but id rather nanoweb elixer or the studio brand eric clapton sigs--my personal favorite.

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

Oh, on my acoustic I have

auriplane

Oh, on my acoustic I have these:

They're a low tension set. I just like how they sound :-) I guess because when I'm playing acoustic, I'm usually trying to play something delicate. (That's the 13-56 set, by the way. I tried the thinner ones before, but they were just too low-tension for me.)

Most people prefer bright, high-tension strings, I think.

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: Oh, on my acoustic I have

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

ive heard those are really good strings.

that was blunt

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

What was blunt :O

auriplane

What was blunt :O

----------

Auriplane!!

On one guitar I use 11 gauge

ChelseaRare

On one guitar I use 11 gauge Ernie Ball Titanium's. After 2-3 weeks of abuse, they retain their new string feel for me so I don't have to change them as frequently and they sound great. On the other I usually use 10 gauge Ernie Ball Slinkies, but I recently tried Cleartones. I think I like those a little better.

----------

(.?!)