You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

I need a bass...

Anyone know where I could find a good bass, but cheap?

you dont have any local music

Jacob31593

you dont have any local music stores? if you dont have any guitar centers or whatnot, all the best buys i have been in had a sizable music room towards the back

You could check out used

auriplane

You could check out used instruments. Someone might be selling an instrument in decent shape for the same price as a new one that isn't as good. If you can, try out the instrument you're going to buy first.

Also, check out talkbass.com for some opinions on cheap basses.

----------

Auriplane!!

P.S. I think you can usually

auriplane

P.S. I think you can usually count on 15% off the minimum advertised price. Don't be afraid to ask for that, and don't be afraid to walk away if they won't give it to you.

So if you buy used, expect to pay less than that, or walk away.

----------

Auriplane!!

you could always explore

Lemoncobbler

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

you could always explore craigslist, a couple of my friends have scored there, I've sold sold an old guitar there too.

people can be sketchy though, ask one of your parents to go with you.

Yeah, I'll definitely check

Yeah, I'll definitely check out craiglist, ebay, and that site you showed me Auri :) And yeah, but local music stores might be more expensive... thanks for the suggestions guys! :)

When I say play the bass

auriplane

When I say play the bass before you buy it, I do mean that particular one. But if you don't plan on doing that, then try to play one of the same model, then buy elsewhere for cheaper. (Music stores love when you do that :-) You'll still get a good idea if the instrument is for you!

----------

Auriplane!!

eBay's the place link thats

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

eBay's the place link

thats where i got my dean, $150. best guitar ive ever played.

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

Honestly,I've had plenty of

xSpearPointx

Embrace The Darkness

Honestly,I've had plenty of luck with pawn shops,there's one out here in Kentucky that I just bought a Peavey PXD 23 from for $120 and it's practically brand new. Given it's the cheaper one from the Peavey Vypyr Starter Pack ,The amp is about $100,and if you don't count the strap and picks and shit that're all nearly free anyway,it's about a $200 guitar,they had up on the rack for $170,but they were having a remodeling sale and they knocked off $50. I had to put her on layaway for now cuz I only had $12 on me,luckily enough,but they had a couple of nice basses there too,they had an Ibanez Bass that was fuckin' nice for about $330 but she was willing to give it to me for about 280 I think she said. If I could've afforded it I'd have gotten it.

Find a good pawn shop though,some of them WILL try to fuck you over big time,but if you can find a nice friendly local pawn shop,they'll go out of their way to give you a good deal. I actually got my Ibanez RG120 from there too,it was originally a $200 guitar they had up for about 90 I think,but I took her for 75,and she was brand new except for a slight scratch in the finish on the back,but who cares about the back really. You'll likely have to adjust the action and pickups and shit a little bit,as from what I've seen most people that pawn guitars have NO fucking idea how to take care of a guitar,but they should have some decent ones in decent shape.

She already bought one bro.

karathrow

Re: She already bought one bro.

xSpearPointx

Embrace The Darkness

karathrow said

I figured,but I thought I'd tell y'all about it anyway. :P

I got my bass for about $375

Arteriorrhexis

Bigot

I got my bass for about $375 used and it's damn good.
http://www.guitarcenter.com/ESP-LTD-B-206SM-6-String-Bass-513745-i132387...