You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Famitracker collab?

kage25130

Anyone interested in making a killer 8bit tune?
Original or cover, it really doesn't matter to me.

Whatcha got in mind? :-D I

auriplane

Whatcha got in mind? :-D

I still haven't started my next soundtrack. I have to do that eventually! I guess I could do with some more practice, in the meantime!

----------

Auriplane!!

Well, I don't have an exact

kage25130

Well, I don't have an exact idea. I suppose something original would give more practice (which is what I'm after too) but it doesn't have to be. I was working on this one a few days ago but I'm thinking about scrapping it now:
FTM
I just threw some notes down to see what would stick and that's what I got. Maybe it will help spawn some ideas.
Other than that, I've been working on a recreation of Garland's Temple from FF1 and Neclord's Castle theme from Suikoden.
I'll be thinking about it throughout the day though. I'm sure we can come up with something good =)

----------

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

That's kind of cool.

auriplane

That's kind of cool. Texturally, I think you need to use an instrument with a stronger attack for the faster notes.

It makes me think of knights readying to do some noble. I like it, but I'm not feeling inspired to add my own stuff to it when I listen.

Hmm. I'm playing bass right now.

----------

Auriplane!!

How do you normally come up

auriplane

How do you normally come up with music? Just entering notes?

I usually start with an instrument, though not always.

----------

Auriplane!!

Do you use any IM stuff? Or

auriplane

Do you use any IM stuff? Or did you just want to try collaborating via the forum and sending files? I could start trying to play some song ideas or something.

----------

Auriplane!!

I wish I could play an

kage25130

I wish I could play an instrument well enough to come up with stuff, that's how I'd prefer to do it. I usually have a vague idea of what I want starting out, but not always. That's where the theme's for the contests help me out- by giving a set direction and limiting the possibilities from infinite to just what would 'sound nice for this'...if that makes any sense, maybe I'm just musically agoraphobic. xD
Famitracker makes it easier for me to find what notes I'm looking for, so that's what I've been using.
Do you usually make a bass line first for yours?

----------

Your knowledge of scientific biological transmogrification is only outmatched by your zest for kung-fu treachery!

Well, I just programmed a

auriplane

Well, I just programmed a drum line, and I'm trying to come up with a bassline. Building a song bottom-up like that works well for me sometimes :-D

----------

Auriplane!!

What are you doing right now?

auriplane

What are you doing right now? I can stream some song ideas maybe. I don't really know how to collab XD

----------

Auriplane!!

Oops sorry, just saw those

kage25130

Oops sorry, just saw those other posts. I dont really have an IM but I'm on facebook. My ID is the same it is here, kage25130. LOL yea that would make it a bit easier!

----------

Dang. I don't have Facebook

auriplane

Dang. I don't have Facebook XD

----------

Auriplane!!

Haha good snail! Well, what

kage25130

Haha good snail!
Well, what IM do you use? I'll download that.

----------

How about AIM? I'm auriplane

auriplane

How about AIM? I'm auriplane on that.

----------

Auriplane!!

Crappit to cruppery. Why

auriplane

Crappit to cruppery. Why doesn't Facebook have federated XMPP? (Don't answer that.)

----------

Auriplane!!

Hm, I cant get AIM to connect

kage25130

Hm, I cant get AIM to connect for some reason...
still trying.

----------

...XD You could try MSN.

auriplane

...XD

You could try MSN. [email protected]

^-^;

[email protected]__v

----------

Auriplane!!

Haha, we're not going to be

auriplane

Haha, we're not going to be able to talk, are we?

----------

Auriplane!!

Some kind of problem with my

kage25130

Some kind of problem with my firewall...
I'm sure I'll have it straightened out later.
But if you know of any other way...maybe ustream??

----------

Fixed it, at least I hope.

kage25130

Fixed it, at least I hope. Sorry it took so long.

----------

Re: Whatcha got in mind? :-DI

Lemoncobbler

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

auriplane said

I still haven't started my next soundtrack.

sorry if this is derailing the thread, but are you making another flash game? That'd be so awesome, snailiad was just too fucking cool

Re: Whatcha got in mind? :-DI

kage25130

Lemoncobbler said

sorry if this is derailing the thread, but are you making another flash game? That'd be so awesome, snailiad was just too fucking cool

I know, can't wait for the next one!

----------

Oh, sorry, I fell asleep

auriplane

Oh, sorry, I fell asleep earlier! I woke up and made an arrangement of Jingle Bells.

http://www.auriplane.net/dashing.mp3
http://www.auriplane.net/dashing.ftm

What do you think? Should I submit it to the "evil" tune contest?

Just kidding.

----------

Auriplane!!

That is the grooviest jingle

kage25130

That is the grooviest jingle bells I've ever heard!
woke up with some christmas cheer, eh? lol that's so awesome.
I'm trying to dissect the .ftm right now to see how you got that sound.

----------

Oh, and I do have a game I'm

auriplane

Oh, and I do have a game I'm working on. I kinda stopped for a bit, and played a lot of guitar instead. ^-^; But I'm working on it again!

Someone contacted me about commissioning a soundtrack recently, too, but I'm not sure if that's going to fall through or not. They seem to have stopped contacting me. Oh well!

----------

Auriplane!!

SICK SICK SICK you should

Lemoncobbler

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

SICK SICK SICK
you should post progress pictures throughout the course of making it, you'd make me the happiest person ever.
is it going to be a platformer like snailiad, or what?

Oh, I think I'd go crazy

auriplane

Oh, I think I'd go crazy worrying what everyone thinks if I posted stuff while I was still working on it! That way lies madness :-(

For me, anyway! I've already said too much!!!

----------

Auriplane!!

Auri your noise part in your

ForestMarth

Auri your noise part in your arrangement of Jingle Bells sounds like drum brushes ! :D And the whole arrangement is totally awesome.

BTW you clearly deserve to be commissionned for soundtracks !