You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

FFVII ~ One Winged Angel

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

why the hell cant i insert the link???? what kinda bullshit update is THAT supposed to be??

jesus...

see last comment in this thread for finished tab and song link.

I always wanted a tab for

Ranulf

I will not join your gametabs.

I always wanted a tab for this, but it's still beyond me. Nice start though, man.

thanks ranulf! i noticed tha

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

thanks ranulf!

i noticed tha the only tab posted was the lonlonjp version, and its hard as fuck, and ive been playin this solo guitar for a while, most of it, so i figured id post up what ive figured out so far, and work on the rest.

i figure ill have it done in a day or so.

but im drunk and hungry. severe on both accounts, later GT!

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

updated.

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

updated.

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

Hmm. That second part sounds

auriplane

Hmm.

That second part sounds like:

e |11----12----13p12p11----12----11----14----12----|
B |------------------------------------------------|
G |------------------------------------------------|
D |------------------------------------------------|
A |------------------------------------------------|
E |------------------------------------------------|

Well, there's another part above that too.

e |/24---------/24---------/24---------/24---------|
B |------22----------22----------22----------22----|
G |------------------------------------------------|
D |------------------------------------------------|
A |------------------------------------------------|
E |------------------------------------------------|

Donno how you want to arrange it for solo guitar, but it doesn't sound like what you wrote to me.

The 6p5p0 and the 0h1h2 3 after it are like this:

e |12---------12---------
B |---11-10------11-10---
G |----------------------
D |----------------------
A |----------------------
E |----------------------

and

e |----------------------
B |----------------------
G |------3----------3----   (maybe you wrote this part down on
D |0h1h2------0h1h2------    the wrong strings?)
----------

Auriplane!!

^^ yes actually auri i did.

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

^^

yes actually auri i did. it was emant to be on D and it wasnt until you mentioned it i noticed it hadnt been done the way i intended.

ill need to pore it a little when i get back, so ill bear these things in mind when i do. thanks auri!

----------

a couple things. this IS

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

a couple things.

this IS intended for solo guitar, though 2 could easily be achieved as well, though i think the rhythm guitarist might become a little bored in some parts haha. basically what im syaing is that, while what you mentioned sounds right, and it would make a better tab, but it would lose justice as a solo guitar. maybe if i moved it up a couple steps?

unfortunately i dont own a 24 fret guitar, 22 is all i got, even on my dean, which isnt even here right now, thus id like to keep that riff the way it is. theres a chance ill get it into my head to arrange this for 2 guitars, and if so, i would do it that way.

e |12---------12---------
B |---11-10------11-10---
G |----------------------
D |----------------------

^^

that little section there. as much as id like to keep it the way i have it done now, your way sounds too good not to fix what i have. it just feels more fluent with the pull-offs, and its less movement on the fret board the way i had tabbed, so im kind fo indecisive about changing it.

also, what tags should i be using to keep the tablature even in forum posts?

----------

updated

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

updated

----------

nearly done now. should be

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

nearly done now.

should be done by tomorrow sometime, when i find some time to get at it again. slow burn, but i have more on my plate in the day time; i focus my gametabbing endeavours in the wee hours, thus this being the average time i frequent the site.

the tab is going to be considerably longer than i had anticipated, and ill have to include a key of the riff order to tie up any confusion, cause some of the riffs and licks are swapped around in a couple sections, so ill do my best to keep it organized and orderly.

----------

Ah, you can change any notes

auriplane

Ah, you can change any notes you want to fit your interpretation, of course! Just make sure you state it's a solo arrangement so there's no confusion.

----------

Auriplane!!

Probably shouldnt put it up

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

Probably shouldnt put it up as a transcription either huh? I'm guessing arrangement would be better?

----------

Well, I thought that's what

auriplane

Well, I thought that's what you were going for :-D

----------

Auriplane!!

0_o Ahh. Yeah ...

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

0_o

Ahh. Yeah

----------

Oh, sorry, that's just how I

auriplane

Oh, sorry, that's just how I interpreted your words, it wasn't a commentary on the tab itself. It sounded like you wanted to make decisions based on your own interpretation of the song.

----------

Auriplane!!

Well I'm just wondering the

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

Well I'm just wondering the best way to go about to avoid confusion. Namely I want the ruffs to line up right. And flow well. The latter of which I think is pretty good so far.

The thing about it, is it's like an arrangement and a transcription. But calling it both would be confusing wouldn't it?

----------

bump! finally done, finished

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

bump!

finally done, finished product is in the OP.

if anyone has suggestions or corrections, now would doubtless be the time, before a mod has it posted and has to ass-around updating it (which might happen anyways, but whatev)

also, ill post a link to the song in the OP as well, so whatever mod decides to post this tab, can stick that in there too, if he/she would be so kind!

----------

One Winged

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

One Winged Angel

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7wJ8pE2qKU

^^^^^
THERE!

----------

|-------5-4---9-8-----11-10--

BacardiBreezer

My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up!

|-------5-4---9-8-----11-10----15-14-------18-17-------21~~--|
|-3---------4-----8-9-------10-------14-15-------17-18-------|
|---2-3------------------------------------------------------|
|------------------------------------------------------------|

O_o

Walk up the

auriplane

Walk up the neck.

http://auriplane.net/walking.mp3

----------

Auriplane!!

^^exactly; you can transpose

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

^^

exactly; you can transpose the notes on different strings if you find it easier though bacardi.

OWA Lick Variation

----------

also, auri, if you dont mind,

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

also, auri, if you dont mind, could you post this tab if you think its worthy?

----------

Hehe, sure. I don't think

auriplane

Hehe, sure. I don't think mods generally check the Works in Progress forum and submit works from here, so usually you'd want to make a topic in Submissions.

http://www.gametabs.net/final-fantasy-vii/one-winged-angel

I'm trying to take a break from doing submissions, but I already posted in here, so I guess I'm doomed to post this one... ;-)

----------

Auriplane!!

oops, i forgot i had this

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

oops, i forgot i had this posted in works in progress; even though it was at the time, praps it might be better if i post it in submissions next time.

thanks auri!!

btw what mods generally overlook submissions? you obviously, but you say youre taking a break, and i respect that... hsl too i believe, but i havent seen his monkey around in some time. is there anyone else?

----------

Um, it's mostly HSL. XD

auriplane

Um, it's mostly HSL. XD

----------

Auriplane!!