You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Trying to tab "Setting Sail, Coming Home", halp!

karathrow

First of all this is the song (or at least someone covering the song) that I'm trying to tab out.

I can't see the guitar super great but here's what I've got so far

capo on 3rd fret (all chords listed relative to capo)

The beginning is just her hitting parts of the chords listed below, I haven't taken the time to tell exactly what strings shes hitting or not hitting yet.

Note: Everywhere I say "E" chord is most likely not an E chord. I can't tell what it is from the angle of the camera and how her hand is.

Lie on my back...
Am-Dm-C-E-

I see your star...
B7-E-B7-E

Then it does this all on the high E string (This is sort of the general idea, I'm fairly sure these notes are wrong, I have a terrible ear.)
8-8-8-7-5-----10-10-8-10-12-10-10-8-----8-7-7-7-8-7

b7-E-b7-E

I dig my hole...
Am-Dm-C-E

I build my city on a hill..
Am-Dm-C-E

Build that wall..
B7-E-B7-E

Lie on my back...
Am-Dm-C-E

Any help you guys can give me is greatly appreciated. I love this song and would like to have the proper chords/notes to play if possible XD.

mmm

Naen

you want a cover of this song (what she is playing) i was thinking in fingerstyle

in this moment i dont have my guitar in hand so i can't do much, try to tab this one that way you can get better your ear

(forgive my poor english)

Re: mmm

karathrow

Naen said

you want a cover of this song (what she is playing) i was thinking in fingerstyle

in this moment i dont have my guitar in hand so i can't do much, try to tab this one that way you can get better your ear

I've already sort of pieced together what I could see from the video, unfortunately I doubt I have the skill to tab the actual song or at least by ear and not by looking at someones hands.

Sorry I wish I could be more help :(

Re: mmm

Naen

i found chords to play a cover, tell me what you thing

my guitar has nylon string

keep this rhythm ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↓ ↓ ↑ ↑ ↑

|----|-----|--x--|
|----|--1-|-----|--x---
|----|----|-----|------
|--2-|--2-|-----|------
|--2-|----|--2--|------
|----|----|-----|--2---

i was very clumsy i forgot add the "0" (zero)
i am sorry

I don't think I understand

karathrow

I don't think I understand what youre saying D:

Re: I don't think I understand

Naen

hahah ok

i made a recording, i uploaded it to 4share (http://www.4shared.com/zip/0StHoQpu/homecoming_2_2.html) it is not what she plays but give me your opinion

Note: i am not good singer so

Naen

Note: i am not good singer so i don't sing in this recording, it is for listening the chords, how they sound