You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Favorite FF Character

Tell us your favorite Final Fantasy character! It can be from any game.

Personally mine would be Vincent Valentine from FF7 :D

Beatrix was swag

jit

Beatrix was swag

Edit:

Delita was a badass and so is Ramza.

VIVI

auriplane

VIVI

----------

Auriplane!!

vivi

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

vivi

Basch von Ronsenberg of

Ranulf

I will not join your gametabs.

Basch von Ronsenberg of Dalmasca!

...Not really, more like Edge or Nanaki

Locke from Final Fantasy VI.

thiagobpaiva

Thiago

Locke from Final Fantasy VI.

----------

thiago

I also support Beatrix from

karathrow

I also support Beatrix from FF9.

Cecil, FF4.

BacardiBreezer

My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up!

Cecil, FF4.

delita, vivi, zidane

Lemoncobbler

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

delita, vivi, zidane

cloud and zack *.* <3

150link

cloud and zack *.* <3

----------

Embrace your dreams and whatever happens protect your honor...
R.I.P. Zack Fair <3
http://www.youtube.com/user/150Link

oh I forgot lightning :S 1.

150link

oh I forgot lightning :S
1. Cloud
1. Zack
2. Lightning

----------

R.I.P. Zack Fair <3

For the Boyzzz : Cloud, Vivi,

hashel

For the Boyzzz : Cloud, Vivi, Auron, Basch, Cid (ff7)
For the Girlzzz : Terra, Beat, Celes, Lightning, Tifa
For the Badzzz : Kefka !!! Sephiroth, Seifer, Gabranth, Edea

----------

I do VGM covers and stuff at https://www.youtube.com/c/hashel

Magus

60NCA10

60NCA10

I think Magus is a pretty cool guy.
He tries to take Lavos on his own and doesn't afraid of anything.

Zack?

150link

hey and what about Zack? Zack is really cute *.* oh he is soo hrwrwwhrr <3

----------

R.I.P. Zack Fair <3

Ultros

N0Stars

Yaaaouch! Seafood soup!

Ultros_battle.png

Ya, Zack is cute, but Cloud

Ya, Zack is cute, but Cloud is better :D

Re: Ya, Zack is cute, but Cloud

150link

Link Strife07 said

Ya, Zack is cute, but Cloud is better :D

better? why better =(? they are both cool, sexy and cuuuute *_*

grabs cloud - I love youuuuu
grabs zack - I love you too <3
-runs away with them-

----------

R.I.P. Zack Fair <3

Re: Ultros

thiagobpaiva

Thiago

NorthStar said

Yaaaouch! Seafood soup!

Ultros_battle.png

Damn Ultros

----------

thiago

N0Stars

How could anyone hate an octopus with dimples?

thiagobpaiva

Thiago

NorthStar said

How could anyone hate an octopus with dimples?

352425-ultros6_super.png

----------

thiago

Sephiroth!!!!!! :D and

Kaja.tan

Sephiroth!!!!!! :D and Vanille also.

Re: Magus

Jbatt321

Jason

lolwut? :P

I'd have to go with... KEFKA! :D

I loved many FF char . . .

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

I loved many FF char . . . but probably my favorite are Kefka, Setzer, Edward, Edge, Nanaki, Reno, Locke, Zack, Cid Highwind, Beatrix & Gidan . . . Gosh I have some more ( Ultros FTW ).

----------

"Pasta Is Good For You" - The Pasta Guy

dang... but theres so many i

Turatu

dang...
but theres so many i like!

Squall, Zell, Seifer, Amarant, Zidane, Tidus, Auron, Reno, Bartz, Nanaki, Vincent, Firion, Beatrix, Cid (FF7), Kuja, Lulu, Sazh, Fang, Rikku

i just realized i hate almost every female ff character XD

When I was a kid, it was

srvjimiandkurt

When I was a kid, it was Sabin and Vincent. Now, it's probably Cloud or Kefka.

I think da winner is

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

I think da winner is kefka.
Btw I liked Quina a lot too !

----------

"Pasta Is Good For You" - The Pasta Guy

Zack. But probably because

Timmyb101

Zack. But probably because VII:CC is the only one i've completed.

kefkamotivationalbyantc.jpg

Kefka was way cooler than

auriplane

Kefka was way cooler than Sephiroth.

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: Magus

BacardiBreezer

60NCA10 said

I think Magus is a pretty cool guy.
He tries to take Lavos on his own and doesn't afraid of anything.

wat? Magus is almost as much of a whiny bitch as Sephiroth but not half as annoying. At least Janus's mother was a total bitch/badass character.

Have you people even played

BacardiBreezer

Have you people even played any of the FF games before 6? Yikes! I know you have Auri :P

Uh huh. I like all of them,

auriplane

Uh huh. I like all of them, except 2 :-D I've been playing them since FF1.

There are no interesting characters in the first three, but I do love Rydia and Lenna.

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: Have you people even played

karathrow

BacardiBreezer said

Have you people even played any of the FF games before 6? Yikes! I know you have Auri :P

For the record I've played every FF up until XIII came out.

As Auri points out there weren't really any deep characters in the first three games (not to mention FF2 is possibly the worst game in the series. DUR DUR HIT MYSELF TO MAKE MYSELF STRONGER DUR DUR)

FFIV had somewhat compelling characters but I got through the game so fast that the story went by at a breakneck speed and I didn't really have time to develop an attachment to anyone. Maybe if I took longer to really get into the game? I just felt like the emotional moments were sort of forced (which I'm sure many will say about other FF games as well) but this was just my personal experience.

Also, to an extent technological advances have allowed games to flesh out characters more completely than was possible before. (more storage space for text, more unique npcs, voiceovers/detailed models, etc.)

I know to you it may seem that EVERYONE would agree if they had played the games therefore the only possibility is that people simply haven't played the games. Unfortunately some people HAVE played the games and just don't like them.

I love FF4. But if they'd

auriplane

I love FF4. But if they'd had unlimited space for writing, and had put in the original script (reportedly 4x the length!), it probably would have been pretty bad. Square doesn't have very good writers, so keeping the length down probably helped a lot :-)

When I was younger, and playing through FF4 for the first time, it was really easy to get into the story and characters anyway, because of the other factors--the music, the game itself, even the graphics. Sure, it was almost all fake drama ("Oh, he wasn't really evil. Oh wait, he's evil! Oh wait, he's not. Oh, why did he die!? Oh, he didn't. Neither did he? Wow, neither did he! What, they didn't die? HOW MANY FAKE DEATHS DOES THIS GAME NEED?") but it was still a great experience for me as a child :-)

----------

Auriplane!!

Zack... both because we share

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

Zack... both because we share the same name, and we look alike... i was meant to be an FF fanatic...

Locke is fuckin cool too, and Balthier deserves some honorable mention, he was one of few characters in xii who retained some substance.

the others were like eating dry cheerios, good, but better with milk.

also, celes is my VG crush

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

FFIX Mog... both because we

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

FFIX Mog... both because we share the same name, and we look alike... i was meant to live inside someone's pants...

also, boco is my VG crush

ugh.

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

ugh.

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

Lol, sorry, wayfaerer... I

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

Lol, sorry, wayfaerer... I was just ribbin ya. My first thought when you stated you looked like Zach was that you were made from a bunch of triangles, so I had to throw out something equally ridiculous.

Mog from FFIX really is my favorite FF character, though! She's the best... almost like a larger version of Auri.

/cackles

wayfaerer you have some kind

karathrow

wayfaerer you have some kind of aura about you that attracts people to troll you.

It's not our fault :(.

also really nate? mog? She's barely in the game long enough to have a personality. Might as well say red mage from ff1 is your favorite character.

Although to be fair I did think Blank was pretty badass in FF9 and he barely shows up more than 2-3 times the whole game.

He saves your ass a bunch of times, such a bro.

karathrow saidalso really

natenmn

karathrow said

also really nate? mog? She's barely in the game long enough to have a personality. Might as well say red mage from ff1 is your favorite character.

Better to be cute with no personality than to be ugly with a crappy personality like every other FF character!

Nah, but seriously, Mog's aesthetic design and her lightheartedness are what make her enjoyable for me. While she is more of a supplemental character to Eiko than anything else, the small amount of personality she shows is fun and engaging to me.

Also the red mage from FFI is a perfectly legitimate choice! Someone may prefer that character for any number of reasons... such as design or game play mechanics. This is a "favorite FF character" thread, not a "character with the deepest story/best developed personality/whatever other meaningless qualifier" thread. As such, the reasoning is up to the one making the decision about which character is their favorite!

(No subject)

SalemJenet

Kain is bad ass

iamHoustonian

You don’t need to see my identification…

Kain was my main reason for playing FFIV!
kainart.jpg
kain.jpg

fair enough nate, well stated

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

fair enough nate, well stated case... and karathrow? eff you! nah im just kidding; passive aggressiveness is a curse really.

also, that mog debate is interesting--I agree in saying that she was scarcely present enough to be given credit, in a way. this is because, the way i see it, her character was developed in such a way that making her more important in the storyline might have subtracted from the substance of the game, and the little appearances she DOES make are very touching. imo of course.

also, blank is badass, i must say.

not my favorite, but an awesome NPC nonetheless.

greatest game in the series? quite possibly, though it isnt my favorite, VI will always hold that spot. taught me to read.

----------

Vivi, for sure.

rat_in_a_cage

the weird uncle

Vivi, for sure.

Re: fair enough nate, well stated

natenmn

wayfaerer said

also, that mog debate is interesting--I agree in saying that she was scarcely present enough to be given credit, in a way. this is because, the way i see it, her character was developed in such a way that making her more important in the storyline might have subtracted from the substance of the game, and the little appearances she DOES make are very touching. imo of course.

/highfive

You probably explained why Mog is my favorite character better than I did. She did have a pivotal, although somewhat minor, role with the whole Madeen/Maduin/Madain/Mandarin Orange story arc, though... which almost made me shed a man tear. If I were an actual man, I would have shed one for sure.

I should have never poorly semi-trolled you, wayfaerer! We are MogSistas4Lyfe!

MOG FANS UNITE!

Re: fair enough nate, well stated

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

yay! i feel moderately accepted!

with that discussed to pick a "fave" mog, it would have to be the mog from VI. man, he was straight up badass for a moogle.

but eiko's panty troll mog (no offence intended whatsoever), was just an awesome spin on the character of moogles. the storyline really presented its depth with that madeen thing

----------

Re: I love FF4. But if they'd

BacardiBreezer

auriplane said

I love FF4. But if they'd had unlimited space for writing, and had put in the original script (reportedly 4x the length!), it probably would have been pretty bad. Square doesn't have very good writers, so keeping the length down probably helped a lot :-)

When I was younger, and playing through FF4 for the first time, it was really easy to get into the story and characters anyway, because of the other factors--the music, the game itself, even the graphics. Sure, it was almost all fake drama ("Oh, he wasn't really evil. Oh wait, he's evil! Oh wait, he's not. Oh, why did he die!? Oh, he didn't. Neither did he? Wow, neither did he! What, they didn't die? HOW MANY FAKE DEATHS DOES THIS GAME NEED?") but it was still a great experience for me as a child :-)

I feel the exact same way, which is why FF4 is SO nostalgic for me. I think the first time I played it I was 8, rented it from the game store.

Will I be murdered if I tell

HannahHellsing

Will I be murdered if I tell it's FFXIII Fang for me? I played most of FF so far and I feel like I'm the only one who actually liked the nova crystallis series =/ Oh well, she's so cool XD

Damn I just revived a post

HannahHellsing

Damn I just revived a post from 2 years ago.

Zidane. Because he was

Giogiogio4

For all the dreamers: Our planet's dream is not over yet...

Zidane.

Because he was actually social and not a total wuss.
He was his own person, went after his own girl and sat there with his brother while he was dieing.
Came back and got the woman he loved.

No whining,emo little boy thinking he is someone else.

----------

My Art for sale! : Here

Latest Recording:Man of the World

maybe im a lion

Jacob31593

maybe im a lion

This Thread is timeless, no

Ennea

humhum..

This Thread is timeless, no matter how many years it counts!

Females: Terra/Tina, Celes, Selphie, Yuna
Males: Squall, Sabin

Haven't played through every FF yet :/ Missing I-V + IX and working on IV right now :p