You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Attention East coast Gametabs members

Juja

Hey, everybody. I (Juja) will be joining Random Encounter for part of their East coast tour in the upcoming weeks with BrentalFloss and Danimal Cannon. I'll be filling in for their lead guitar player for 5 confirmed shows and possibly joining them on stage prior to those shows (if we figure out something that works). This will be my first time performing live, so I'm somewhat nervous but excited at the same time. So, if any of you could make it out
to see me live, that would be pretty awesome.

If we record any videos along the way, I'll upload them and link them here.

List of tour dates:

*indicates Juja shows

Date City Venue (Special Guest)/ Time
7/15/2011 Orlando, FL Nerdapalooza
7/16/2011 Orlando, FL Nerdapalooza
7/17/2011 Orlando, FL Nerdapalooza
7/19/2011 Tampa, FL Brass Mug / 7PM
7/20/2011 Gainesville,FL 1982 (The Protomen) / 7PM
7/21/2011 Jacksonville,FL Jack Rabbits (The Protomen) / 7PM
*7/22/2011 Charlotte, NC Rock University
*7/23/2011 Washington, DC The Velvet Lounge / 4PM
*7/24/2011 Philledelphia, PA Danger! Danger! Gallery / 7PM
*7/26/2011 Boston, MA Cafe 939
*7/29/2011 Baltimore, MD OTAKON Otakon

7/30/2011 Baltimore, MD BITGEN Bitgen

Check them out here: http://randomencounterband.com/

Oh wow nice man too bad Im

karathrow

Oh wow nice man too bad Im anything but east coast (oregon).

Have fun though man.

[email protected]_v !

auriplane

[email protected]_v !

----------

Auriplane!!

You're playing with the

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

You're playing with the protomen tooo.

shit man, good going.

Wait nvm you're joining in right after that shit.

Still, good going though.

Re: You're playing with the

Juja

I'll actually be with them when they play with the Protomen, so I'll be at the show at least, but their lead guitar player will still be around, so I won't be playing that show (unless they want me to come on stage for 1 song or something).

Woa, you will work with

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

Woa, you will work with BrentalFloss ? cool Juja !

----------

"Pasta Is Good For You" - The Pasta Guy

(No subject)

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

Does this mean the protomen

sstrunks9914

Does this mean the protomen are coming to the brass mug in tampa FL? =O

----------

_-o-_ .-O-. _-o-_ Wat. Wat everywhere.

just out of curiousity why is

karathrow

just out of curiousity why is the lead guitarist randomly falling off the planet for 5+ shows?

Also this is fantastic

Re: Attention East coast Gametabs members

BooDoo

People

I will definitely be by to the Boston show on the 26th!

And the OneUps are playing, too? Thanks for the heads-up, I would've been furious if I missed this so close to home.

Cool, somebody can actually

Juja

Cool, somebody can actually make it to one of the shows that I'll be playing. Make sure to find me before or after the show, BooDoo. And Random Encounter's other guitarist isn't falling off the face of the Earth, he's just busy for the first week or so that they're going on tour, so he's going to fly out to meet everybody when I fly out (we're swapping places, essentially).

Also, I saw The One Ups perform today and yesterday at Nerdapalooza, and I have to say they're pretty damn amazing live, especially their Castlevania 3 song and their Super Metroid song. Brental Floss is also pretty entertaining live. It seems that he's half comedy and half musical act (as you can gather from his YouTube videos).

Re: Does this mean the protomen

Juja

Actually, no. From what I am told, the Protomen will be playing in Sarasota that night, and then Random Encounter will be playing with them the following 2 shows. However, The One Ups, Brental Floss, and Danimal Cannon will be with Random Encounter at the Brass Mug show, so it'll definitely be worth checking out.

Bullshit work schedule,

BooDoo

People

Bullshit work schedule, trying to get out early next Tuesday to be sure and catch your set.

Try knocking shit over on stage and hiding instrument cables to stall your start time, thx.

Don't know any of those bands

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

Don't know any of those bands but good for you I guess

----------

23:33 Vic9mm said: its ture ida benn gone she took out like 3 kids before had what was that fat ass asian kid gonna do

Little J.

I'm sure Juja will let you

auriplane

I'm sure Juja will let you know when he's touring with shit artists like Taylor Swift, Salem :-)

----------

Auriplane!!

I actually may be able to

ChelseaRare

I actually may be able to make it to the Boston gig.

----------

(.?!)

Re: I'm sure Juja will let you

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

auriplane said

I'm sure Juja will let you know when he's touring with shit artists like Taylor Swift, Salem :-)

ooo

Oh fuck! I could go to the DC

archard

Oh fuck! I could go to the DC show, but I'd have to leave around 6 or 7 to tend to prior engagements. It's so close to where I live!

----------

DANG

Re: Don't know any of those bands

BooDoo

People

Educate yourself, Salem!

The OneUps - Space Warrior Sound Machine (Metroid)
The OneUps - Sagat (Street Fighter II)
Bad Dudes - Cave Girl (Chrono Trigger)
Danimal Cannon - Lucca/Fanfare (Chrono Trigger) [video]
Danimal Cannon - Dracula's Curse (Castlevania III)
Metroid Metal/Danimal Cannon at MAGFest 8

I don't know Random Encounter yet, but hopefully I can let you know how they are live.

edit: A wild Chelsea appears! hslesperance still conspicuously absent.

Oh, jeez. Why are the mods so

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

Oh jeez. Why are the mods so aggresive around here? You sure give a fine example of behavior to the community :<
BoDoo: please link some good songs of those bands, those are pretty meh :<

----------

23:33 Vic9mm said: its ture ida benn gone she took out like 3 kids before had what was that fat ass asian kid gonna do

Little J.

Re: Oh, jeez. Why are the mods so

karathrow

SalemJeanette said

Oh jeez. Why are the mods so aggresive around here? You sure give a fine example of behavior to the community :<

I'm not so much a mod here as

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

I'm not so much a mod here as I consider myself more of a chaos god.

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

SalemJeanette said

Oh jeez. Why are the mods so aggresive around here?

Actually, she's not a forum mod anymore XD

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

natenmn said

SalemJeanette said

Oh jeez. Why are the mods so aggresive around here?

Don't cry natenmn. please it's scary D:

----------

Little J.

I can't help it. I'm just so

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

I can't help it. I'm just so sad D:

ON TOPIC: Shitty cameraphone

BooDoo

People

ON TOPIC: Shitty cameraphone bootlegs of some Random Encounter from tonight's show!

Due to a dumb curfew (for idiots) RE was running through their set at a super hectic pace. Lots of energy and a great way to close out the night.

Windmill Hut Theme(the tail-end of it):

Final Fantasy medley:

The first opener (Bright Primate) are Boston local, and it's rough opening an all-ages show at a dry venue at like 8PM on a Tuesday. I'll definitely give them another chance at a real venue soon.

The One-Ups were on point, even with their stand-in bassist taking Mustin's place. They had a sax player sit in on a couple tunes who was killing it with improv (not being familiar with the themes, I think.)

Danimal was on fire— I didn't know what to expect from him, but his solo guitar work over Gameboy chiptunes he had sequenced was pretty much perfect.

On a less positive note, Brentalfloss might be the worst human being I've ever seen on a microphone in person. He was petty, sexist, narcissistic and NOT FUNNY. If he were struck by lightning, I would not feel very bad.

Oh, and Juja fucked up on Big Blue, so everyone make fun of him for it. (with love)

Poor bastard, must have been

karathrow

Poor bastard, must have been nervous as hell.

Sounds like they liked you though, good work man.

Oh and lol at the brentalfloss thing, yeah he seems to have a tasteless sense of humor.

Re: ON TOPIC: Shitty cameraphone

Juja

Thanks a lot for coming out, BooDoo; I really appreciate it. It's nice to know that I've had at least a very slight positive impact by coming on tour with Random Encounter (one more attendee and one copy of self-titled sold).

As for me botching Big Blue a bit. Yes, I did, but there are 2 reasons why it wasn't totally my fault. First of all, the sound set up on stage wasn't very good, so I couldn't hear what I was playing (I could really only hear drums and the accordion screeching at me). And secondly, the bastard drummer was playing every song too fast since we had to rush through our set, and Big Blue is already pretty fast at normal speed, so having it sped up is pretty tough. Also, this is the first time I've played in front of 40+ people, so I was fairly nervous.

It was a really cool night, though. Even though I messed up on Big Blue (the last song), people still called for an encore. That was pretty crazy, because that's the first night that we've been the headliners, and people wanted us to play one more song (which we would have, but we honestly had no time because of the damn curfew). Whereas The One Ups have been the headliners every night, and as amazing as they are, people haven't called for them to do an encore yet on the tour (however, they did get an encore the first night of Nerdapalooza).

Re: ON TOPIC: Shitty cameraphone

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

BooDoo said

Oh, and Juja fucked up on Big Blue, so everyone make fun of him for it. (with love)

----------

Little J.

Here are a couple of videos

Juja

Here are a couple of videos from the last show I played with Random Encounter. I hope somebody uploads Big Blue from that show since I did pretty well during the crucial part that I messed up when BooDoo came out to see us. By the way, I'm the guitar player on the left with black hair and the light blue and white guitar.

Clash on the Big Bridge/Vampire Killer:

Terra and FF7 boss battle:

looks like fun, good job

karathrow

looks like fun, good job dude.

If you find a vid of the big blue performance please post, I'd like to see it.