You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Deus Ex - Hong Kong Theme

lonlonJT

Hey what's up. I've done a few Deus Ex tabs and I'm pretty happy with them BUT this one song has been giving me a headache and I'd appreciate some feedback. I'd like to get it perfect before I submit it.

The intro/verse is a fast melody that plays twice, and each time the phrase closes with a complex harmony that I can't pin down. I can isolate the lead notes and the bass notes, but I'm not sure how to put them together. Maybe you can help?

In my tab I've marked the bit I'm missing with a pair of question marks in brackets. Please compare them to the recording and let me know what you think.

I think the rest of the tab is OK though.

BTW: I noticed something unusual when I uploaded the tab to my personal storage. After I originally uploaded it, I deleted it to make some changes and then reuploaded it (twice), but for some reason the changes won't show up. What's going on there?

Thanks

Deus Ex Hong Kong Theme tab

Deus Ex Hong Kong Theme on Youtube

Re: Deus Ex - Hong Kong Theme

hslesperance

BTW: I noticed something unusual when I uploaded the tab to my personal storage. After I originally uploaded it, I deleted it to make some changes and then reuploaded it (twice), but for some reason the changes won't show up. What's going on there?

Rename the file and upload it. The changes should appear

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

OK thanks. The changes can be

lonlonJT

OK thanks. The changes can be uploaded later though, I only need feedback on the first part of the tab as it is.

Awesome, I was wondering when

karathrow

Awesome, I was wondering when someone would tab this. I love Alexander Brandons music. He did Unreal/Unreal tournaments music as well. Check it out sometime :3

Always upload to a new

auriplane

Always upload to a new filename, and you won't have that problem.

EDIT: D'oh, HSL explained that already :-D

----------

Auriplane!!

6h8p3 How exactly does that

karathrow

6h8p3

How exactly does that work, or is everyone else's hands just way bigger than mine.

Re: 6h8p3 How exactly does that

lonlonJT

karathrow said

6h8p3

How exactly does that work, or is everyone else's hands just way bigger than mine.

Wait, is that from the second line of the "melody over the bassline"? That's the part that wouldn't show up when I re-uploaded it. Is it suddenly appearing now? Weird.

But to answer your question, I play the 6 with my ring finger, hammer on the 8 with my pinky, pull off, and my index is on the 3. I *might* be wrong about that note, but it sounds ok as the root note for the tapping. Unless your playing the piece as a duet I figure the lead melody is kindof superfluous; I think most people will probably just want to play the verse and maybe the chorus.

I just noticed a typo in the

lonlonJT

I just noticed a typo in the chorus for anyone who's trying this out.

The 3h4 should be 3h5:

e -------------------------------------
B -----4-------------------------------
G ---5-------3---3h4-----------3-5-3h5-
D ---------6---6-------1-3---3---------
A -3-----------------------1-----------
E -------4-----------1-----------------

If anyone can help on the Intro/Verse problem I'd appreciate it