You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Saddest Game Endings...

BacardiBreezer

My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up!

What games really upset you?

Fucking Lufia 2 gets me every time. I've beaten it at least 5 times now, KNOWING the 2 main characters are gonna die at the end but it's like, while you're playing it you forget that or something. Too sad.

cool hotlink not allowed

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

cool hotlink not allowed bacardi

----------

23:33 Vic9mm said: its ture ida benn gone she took out like 3 kids before had what was that fat ass asian kid gonna do

Little J.

No hotlinking you. saddest

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

No hotlinking you.

saddest end goes to zone of the enders, because get this, there was no end!

(No subject)

karathrow

kingdom hearts ending got me,

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

kingdom hearts ending got me, the way sora told kairi hed come back for her... just so fuckin emotional.

FFVII: CC was pretty good as well, but it wasnt really sad, per se... which kind of leads me to this:

THAT scene in FFVII, im sure at least a few people will know that of which i speak.

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

Makes me cry every time.

TrangOul

Insomaniac

Makes me cry every time.

Saddest Game Endings ? Well,

Pasto

Eat your Pasta ! ! !

Saddest Game Endings ? Well, all the endings of the game that I loved.
I mean, when a game that I really liked end it give me a really sad feeling ( even if the endings is "Happy" ).
Well this is kinda a stupid answer, but my bad english don't allow me to write more clever thing.

----------

"Pasta Is Good For You" - The Pasta Guy

(No subject)

auriplane

----------

Auriplane!!

So I was going to post

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

So I was going to post another "hotlinking not allowed" pic as a joke, but when I googled a picture, I found this:

hotlinking.jpg

(No subject)

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

----------

23:33 Vic9mm said: its ture ida benn gone she took out like 3 kids before had what was that fat ass asian kid gonna do

Little J.

Re: Saddest Game Endings...

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

Bacardi? You may as well have called this thread hotlinking.

At least a couple of us stayed on topic.

What is Lufia? Yet another RPG I haven't heard of

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

Best ending of Silent Hill

kanshiketsu89

Anime Clef

Best ending of Silent Hill was sad cuz you get to see Lisa again and you're once again not able to save her. Lisa is one of my all time favorite game characters and her death scene and this ending scene really get me every time. She's actually more tragic than Aeris to me. And FF10 was sad. When Yuna runs towards Tidus and wants to hug him and then she just goes trough him and falls down. That time was the closest I ever got to crying over a game.

BacardiBreezer

wayfaerer said

Bacardi? You may as well have called this thread hotlinking.

At least a couple of us stayed on topic.

What is Lufia? Yet another RPG I haven't heard of

My bad, it worked for me, deal with it.

Lufia 1 & 2 are great games, I like the second one slightly better, even though it's actually a prequel.

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

If I were to make an assumption I'd assume it's an "old school" rpg, right? Snes maybe? Or is it on some obscure system

Also, and this might sound a little strange, but the ending to call of duty modern warfare was kind of sad as well, seeing gaz get shot... Wasn't a tearjerker exactly, but it was kind of sad.

I'm just tryin to keep the thread movin in the right direction haha, tangents, they always overcome

----------

It's probably the most

TrangOul

Insomaniac

It's probably the most old-school RPG you can find on the SNES. There are cool guys with sword and armor, a chosen one, a mysterious lady guiding your adventure, elves using magic, castles with kings, evil schemes, mad scientists, dragons, love (sickness), and dozens of caves to explore/towers to climb.
You see: All the generic bullcrap you find in every other RPG Lufia serves you in one sweet little enjoyable package.

Lufia is a lot more

auriplane

Lufia is a lot more puzzle-centric than a lot of RPGs.

----------

Auriplane!!

Lufia II is, however you

TrangOul

Insomaniac

Lufia II is, however you won't find a single puzzle in Lufia I.
But you're right. I totally forgot about that whole puzzle solving thing in Lufia II. Thanks for reminding me.

Not to mention that damn

BacardiBreezer

Not to mention that damn Ancient Cave sidequest. I always waste 20-30 hours in there every time I play the game through! lol

Re: Not to mention that damn

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

So it's pretty big too huh?

That's good, i like a game with plenty of play time--about 146hrs on FFXII, well over a hundred on dark cloud 2--as well as games with a good challenge, so im not shy about puzzle-centric games, particularly RPGs.

What's the replay value like? If it's even half as good as that presented in chrono cross, I'm sold haha.

----------

I'm not one to accurately

BacardiBreezer

I'm not one to accurately judge that, lol. I've played FFIV probably 50 times since it's release, and still not tired of it. Some people can play games over and over, some don't have the attention span.

Re: I'm not one to accurately

karathrow

BacardiBreezer said

I'm not one to accurately judge that, lol. I've played FFIV probably 50 times since it's release, and still not tired of it. Some people can play games over and over, some don't have the attention span.

My attention span is fine! It's the games fault for getting boring halfway through :(.

Ooh shiny!

*runs off*

Re: Makes me cry every time.

tiganior1

The following post may contain mature humour, violence and coarse language which is not suitable for younger audiences. Parental discretion is advised.

TrangOul said

Makes me cry every time.

Look at all those super minions.

God damn.

Re: I'm not one to accurately

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

BacardiBreezer said

Well, since IXs release I've played and beaten it at least 10 times, not counting how many times I've had random playthroughs with a buddy or two on 2player, and getting to like the 3rd disc or something. Replay value isn't a BIG deal for me, but it's definately a nice thing to find. Probably one of the reasons I love chrono cross so much.

None of the FFs have any "true" replay value, it just depends on how much you actually enjoyed the game for what it is on your first run-through, as opposed to doing things "differently" if you see what I'm getting at.

----------

I wasn't exaggerating when I

BacardiBreezer

I wasn't exaggerating when I said 50 times - and it seems almost every time I find something new about the game. I usually play RPGs through at least 3 times. Once just to finish it, then once to slow down and get everything, and then just to breeze through it and enjoy it. *Not necessarily right after each other

Re: I wasn't exaggerating when I

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

Similar playing style to mine actually, i mix it up in between sessions with an FPS, RPS, or a platformer like GoW or PoP, or even spyro the dragon.

I rarely sit down with one game and play it until I beat it, FFs VI and XI being the only exception for RPGs, it's not as much to do with attention span as it is with what game will suit my current mood. If I'm feelin violent, god of war or fallout. Reflective, chrono cross or trigger, or any other older JRPG, and if I wanna be inspired? Kingdom hearts, everytime. If I wanna have a simple veggie session, well that's where the platformers like R&C and donkey kong and Mario and come in.

So you can see how my moods interfere with my gaming completion, if not my gaming in general. It's a tedious way to be a video gamer, but it works for moi.

----------

Re: (No subject)

BacardiBreezer

SalemJeanette said

You dead nigga. I ain't scurred.

And wayfaerer, whatever works for you!

I think Ico had a pretty sad

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

I think Ico had a pretty sad ending. I always thought it was up to the player's imagination to interpret the meaning of the ending, so it never bothered me. Later I read in an interview with the director of the game that the ending actually really was a dream, and that made me feel like shit D:

Re: I think Ico had a pretty sad

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

natenmn said

I think Ico had a pretty sad ending. I always thought it was up to the player's imagination to interpret the meaning of the ending, so it never bothered me. Later I read in an interview with the director of the game that the ending actually really was a dream, and that made me feel like shit D:

lucky bastard! i havent even SEEN ico, let alone played it.

shadow of the colossus i own, which is an amazingly artistic game.

the ending for SotC is actually pretty sad too, well not the ending as much as when a "certain trusty steed" happens upon a bitter end.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ lame attempt at not giving anything away....

----------

Twilight Princess...Midna's

lonlonJT

Twilight Princess...Midna's goodbye ;_;

Professor Layton and the

yoshistrings

ヨッシー

Professor Layton and the Unwound Future had a pretty sad one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nATGIfzOxc0

Professor Layton and the

yoshistrings

ヨッシー

Whoops, double post.

Crash Bandicoot 3 (illegal

kanshiketsu89

Anime Clef

Crash Bandicoot 3 (illegal copy version). Got to 98% and then the game kept freezing at one level and I couldn't do 100%. Saddest damn ending ever. :D