You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Some of Bacardi's artwork...

BacardiBreezer

My life is a chip in your pile. Ante up!

I was showing Nate this stuff and figured I'd post it. I don't honestly draw or paint too often anymore, and would love to do more stained glass but I have no materials at the moment. I'm sure most of you will recognize the non-car ones ;)

These next few came from the Breath of Fire 2 booklet. Mina, some sword, and a ring.

And my stained glass project in high school, which has since broken in a few places...oh well.

I don't have any painting pics that I know of, I did on Facebook lol might have to reactivate it to get them. The best painting I ever did was of a lighthouse and a sunset that faded from purple to orange, but I gave it to someone who was very special to me 10 years ago and I can only hope it still exists somewhere :)

Sponge takes the gold medal

surreal

Eric: tank,godlike

Sponge takes the gold medal here.

chocobo

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

choco takes the cake here for me, i did the SAME picture in art class in senior high, though not half as well. did mine in ink, wasnt too shabboy, for me. im not artist, by nay standard (maps mainly), i a writer, not a drawer, only things i ever drawed on well was bongs and joints

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

I demand pics of bongs and

surreal

I demand pics of bongs and joints.

Re: I demand pics of bongs and

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

ahem...

i dont draw anymore

----------

"i seem to be find a lot that apparently dont contain the .exe actually" -Anonymous

"Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to look more like?" -Pherioxus

implying you don't smoke weed

surreal

implying you don't smoke weed anymore?

Re: implying you don't smoke weed

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

that is correct. 7 and 3/4 of a month free of pot. i was a hash-head, dope-fiend, pot-monger, and every other euphemism you can think of.

still just as much of a burn out as i ever was though.

----------

Re: Some of Bacardi's artwork...

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

BacardiBreezer said

Hey! You didn't show me that one! I used to have a bra just like that...

Re: Some of Bacardi's artwork...

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

...hm

that would actually be a hot bra....

----------

lol Nate, sorry. I don't

BacardiBreezer

lol Nate, sorry. I don't blame you for not smoking pot. That shit is not all it's cracked up to be.

Vices are what they

surreal

Vices are what they are.

Arizona is a peculiar place, out of every one of the people I know, I'm the only one who doesn't smoke cigs en masse. Granted the age groups I know are 17-30, this is subtly depressing. Weed is one thing when taken too far, but you'd be surprised how much of a bartering tool tobacco still is in this day and age. People fucking need it.

Re: Vices are what they

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

youre damn right theyre vices man, couldnt have said it better myself.

i still smoke cigarettes however, though i think i should quit soon, not the same as i used to be. but, at least i got the pot out of my lif, even if it was a little too late, but better late than never isnt just a cliche expression, it usually proves true.

----------

Though I've never smoked, I

musenji

Though I've never smoked, I have smelled two different kinds of pot, chopped but unburned, side by side--one of which was "regular" and one of which was "the good stuff".

I thought I would have to smell them blind so as not to have a bias, but the difference was so striking that it didn't matter. I smelled the regular first, and it smelled "planty enough". But then I smelled the good stuff, and the purity of the smell was incredible. It smelled more like...mint, I'd say. And then to check, I went back and smelled the regular stuff, and I kid you not, it literally smelled like cow dung to me after smelling the good stuff. Crazy.

I've heard that if you smoke a bad kind, it also can have some pretty harsh side effects on top of whatever normally happens..

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

Marijuana is from the same

surreal

Marijuana is from a similar plant genus as mint.

The "bad kind" is basically dirt weed. It's grown on farms in 3rd world countries with the intent of turning out as much product as possible. It has THC all the same, just don't expect it to leave a good taste in your mouth or not give you a nice headache.

Proper growing is a very time consuming and delicate process. A multitude of things need to be watched and cared for.

"good weed" isn't so much dependent on strain as it is growing care. Even seedier strains with less potency can still taste fine under correct circumstances.

Re: Though I've never smoked, I

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

sometimes, dealers have a nasty tendency to spray theyre stuff with shit like windex (been there), or lace with some nasty stuff like meth (done that--not literally, only in the weed), but thats about the only way youll get out of the norm "bad" effects. if you go to sleep while extremely high youll have pot-dreams, and they can range anywhere from random and burnt, to terrifying and haunting.

other times, if you end up smokin too much, youll find yourself blacking out or losing vision, even sensation in your legs and arms, right to your finger-tips, and hear weird sounds inside youre head, called "inner-cranial noise", that, obciously, only you can hear. might sound like really high pitched feedback, sometimes it might sound like a real bad and fuzzy station on the radio, sometimes, and this is worse, BOTH. trust me, used to to me a lot just before i quit, almost every other time.

my worst experiance was blacking out by the gas station, the irving, and i was out for about 5 minutes. woke up to my buddy (wont use his name, so ill use his nic) boing slapping the side of my face saying "zach! zach!". i shit you not, it felt like that time the life gaurd at sea world hauled me out of the water when i fell of the rubber thigns used to go down the slides, even LOOKED like that. i could see the sun shining down through the currents in the water.

when i came to entirely, i had a big grin on my face, and started laughin.

havent been in the same state of mind since.

sometimes, you remember what you dream.

----------

Re: Marijuana is from the same

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

absolutely, beginners, or novice growers, tend to call it a trial and error process. i dont know much about it, only that sometimes you could end up with shit weed even if you meet the credentials for a good yield, though if you know what youre at, odds are youll have some fine green in your harvest.

good way to recognize a good seed? squeeze it. if its hard, and doesnt break, its a good seed. also, look at the lines in em, the little ones, like fine-pen storkes, if they are prominent and really dark, thats usually a sign of a real good seed.

----------

If you're going to do a drug,

surreal

If you're going to do a drug, well enough, but at least be able to trust the person you get it from. Weed generally isn't tampered with as a worst case scenario with coke (cut with glass) or ecstasy (cut with heroin). In the end, the best bet is to know the person you get it from. Shit like that isn't worth the risk to your body.

Dreaming while under the effects of THC is a bit of a mixed bag. People generally aren't used to the sensation, I tend to enjoy it since my "normal" dreams differ very little and it's a bit easier to remember. Everything is to be respected, just because it's close to impossible to kill yourself from smoking too much weed doesn't exemplify the fact that there's always a line that shouldn't be crossed.

Re: If you're going to do a drug,

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

yah, youd either die from carbon monoxide poisoning, or youd fall asleep before youd actually DIE from a "weed overdose" (the latter being the more likely). but just as surreal stated, theres always a line to be crossed, just be sure not to cross it.

----------

how can you be a writer if

Jacob31593

how can you be a writer if you dont smoke weed anymore?

Re: If you're going to do a drug,

Vic9mm

The Fingerstyle Mechanic

surreal said

Weed generally isn't tampered with.

I wish that were true in my case...about 11 years back I got some weed from a dealer that was laced with roach spray and embalming fluid need less to say I was rushed to the ER with rapid heart beats 200bpm I was freaking out. I stopped smoking for 3 years started it up again got major panic attacks stopped it in 2006 been clean ever since. Plus if I get hurt at my job and need to go to the ER Ill get a UA and if im dirty im fired 7 years of making a career for myself GONE!!!! Weed was fun but its not worth my JOB.

----------

Watch me: http://www.youtube.com/user/Vic9mm

Weed aside, that's some

Ranulf

I will not join your gametabs.

Weed aside, that's some awesome artwork Bacardi

Re: Weed aside, that's some

BacardiBreezer

Ranulf said

Weed aside, that's some awesome artwork Bacardi

lol thank you. None of it was made on weed XD

I have never smoked cigs, and never smoked pot regularly. There was a time when I did it daily for like a month straight and I gained a few lbs I guess from the munchies, and it also messed with my menstrual cycle, so I really lost interest (that's not cool to me). I'm not against it at all, I think it's less harmful overall than alcohol, but even if it was legal, I would not be buying much of it.

I used to know a girl who

surreal

I used to know a girl who harbored a physical need to smoke cannibis so bad she couldn't eat without it.

Now that's just shitty.

She was bullshitting you,

BacardiBreezer

She was bullshitting you, because there is no physical "need" for it.

Lol this thread went way off

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

Lol this thread went way off course XD.

I called bullshit as well,

surreal

I called bullshit as well, until she straight up vomited after eating when she hadn't had any.

It's probably not as "physical" as it is mental, so I should say she had a heavy mental addiction.
Either way, she was a crazy bitch.

Good job! Cool drawings :)

Good job! Cool drawings :)

Re: how can you be a writer if

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

by doing it and loving and loving it simply for the satisfaction of creating something that no one ever has before. was wrting LONG before pot stepped in, and i will continue to do so now that its gone.

that being said, i was more easily inspired when high, now its like theres a small hole in the bucket ive been dipping, and im only getting shallow drinks from my well whereas before i was getting a fresh draught, always quenching.

after awhile it, for me it seems, you can make your own inspiration.

----------

Re: lol Nate, sorry. I don't

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

nice job on the artwork by the way, id be interested to see some more, if youre wiling to post it of course. keep it up!!

----------

Thanks guys. Like I said I

BacardiBreezer

Thanks guys. Like I said I haven't done much lately. But I will never let it die XD also yeah it sounds like that chick had a mental addiction, which I've seen happen. Straight retarded.

Re: Thanks guys. Like I said I

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

mental addiction was how it was for me, but i ended up breaking myself of it from sheer power of will.

also, im just now discovering youre a girl. if ive called you "man", or "dude", i apologize haha.

----------

BacardiBreezer

wayfaerer said

mental addiction was how it was for me, but i ended up breaking myself of it from sheer power of will.

also, im just now discovering youre a girl. if ive called you "man", or "dude", i apologize haha.

Yeah one of my former friends was like that. It was annoying as hell. LOL it's cool I don't think you have.

uh oh, girl alert.

surreal

uh oh, girl alert.

Re: uh oh, girl alert.

BacardiBreezer

surreal said

uh oh, girl alert.

Welcome to 2010.

Bacardi ain't no girl!! She's

natenmn

Bacardi ain't no girl!! She's aaaaaallll woman XD

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

good enough! i make myself out to be a dumbass on a regular basis anyways, i try not to do so on the internet too. though i usually end up doing so anyways.

----------

Eat dirt Susie Derkins!!

musenji

Eat dirt Susie Derkins!!

----------

And then I realized that the chord progression from Chrono Cross's Another World is the same progression as the chorus from Peace of Mind by Boston, and life was never quite the same.

BacardiBreezer

wayfaerer said

good enough! i make myself out to be a dumbass on a regular basis anyways, i try not to do so on the internet too. though i usually end up doing so anyways.

lol, and don't take me too seriously, I sort of have an e-asshole personality sometimes but I'm really not that bad :P

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

dont feel bad, i come across as having a know-it-all complex, even though i dont profess to know everything, thats an awful to know eh, but, i do know i know a lot of things about a lot of things, useless albeit, but there it is. my store of knowledge and wisdom is collective, and not necessarily learned; my intelligence is one of the things in life im proud of so... dont take me too seriously either, im more clown than fiend really, depending on my mood. just dont dis my music, and all manner of things will be well haha

metal btw, melodic metal (in flames, insomnium, omnium gatherum etc.), though thats not even close to the only things i listen to.

right now im listening to no rain by blind melon. stuck in the 90s, so sue me.

----------

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,

surreal

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

Re: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

the hell is that?

pig-latin?

----------

I believe he was summoning

Ranulf

I believe he was summoning the spirits of Hell to counteract the realization that there are women on the internet.

Re: I believe he was summoning

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

oh dear christ. gamer geeks dont get enough of em in real life, now this guy has to banish our few counterparts with demonic incantations?

games: theyre a goddamn liability.

----------

:o

Ranulf

:o

Re: :o

wayfaerer

"Embrace your dreams."

what? its true! there arent enough gamer girls in the world. sad to say, but ive never met one. sure the ones who are easily the dentists worst nightmare, or something out of one of dr. seuss's wildest dreams, what with the long ass rainbow stockings and string-attached mittens, complete with coke-bottle glasses and panoramic bride of frankenstein hair....ill just stop....

----------

:O

Ranulf

:O

Lol wtf is going on in here?

natenmn

Lol wtf is going on in here? Girl gamers aren't some mythical race XD. I know six gametabs girls off the top of my head and four of them are pretty cute... the other two I haven't seen. It's really not that uncommon for girls to like games these days, and they don't have to be beastly slobs either lol.

Who are the others aside from

BacardiBreezer

Who are the others aside from Link and Auri? LOL I have never seen the cliche gamer girl. I think I surprise people as it is by my looks, I also have built a few cars (nothing fancy, but did most of my own work). I know older RPGs so well it's like beyond nerdy XD

Maikoi and Chelseaguitar are

surreal

Maikoi and Chelseaguitar are the only other regulars I know of.

There was that dark horizon person one time too, though that was a bit of an ordeal.

Re: Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet,

Jacob31593

surreal said

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum

Re: Lol wtf is going on in here?

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

natenmn said

Girl gamers aren't some mythical race XD.

They are in France Nate... *cries*