You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Street Fighter 2 Project

I was thinking of doing a cover of Guile's theme from Street Fighter 2, but then I thought it would be cool to do a kind of collab. So here's what I was thinking:

Rhythm Guitar: Me, RexLeRouge

Bass: SoundsandStuff

Main Guitar Lead (and some harmony maybe, more than 1): StrangeJam, Hashel

Drums and Mixing: RexLeRouge, auripalne

Just jump in if something looks good to you^^ Also, some of these parts already have tabs so that should make it easier. Whoever is doing the mixing may have to make a video, and if not then I will. Start choosing! ^^

If anyone needs the song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie_R1H9L4eI (It's the arcade version)

P.M. me on youtube or here if you have any questions ^^

I've always loved this song

StrangeJam

Da Manliness

I've always loved this song lol, I wouldn't mind doing the lead. perhaps we could extend it a bit to add some solos and stuff, just a matter of telling the bassist to extend the track or make our own arrange.

I've always loved this song

StrangeJam

Da Manliness

I've always loved this song lol, I wouldn't mind doing the lead. perhaps we could extend it a bit to add some solos and stuff, just a matter of telling the bassist to extend the track or make our own arrange.

Edit: and we could have many lead guitars lol, cmon electric guitarists lets make a bloody sound mess all of us.

Alright StrangeJam! Bring on

Alright StrangeJam! Bring on the metal^^ And ya, a little improvision would be cool, maybe some slides and bends too.

you should go off the arcade

Jacob31593

you should go off the arcade version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ie_R1H9L4eI

Bass sound so 80's... OM NOM

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

Bass sound so 80's... OM NOM NOM

Count me in

Good idea jacob^^ changed.

Good idea jacob^^ changed. Rex, bass, got it. And also, once I get the drums done I will send them to you guys unless someone else is gonna do drums, cause I'm not very good at that stuff^^

xD no no no, I'm not a

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

xD no no no, I'm not a bassist. I mean, I'll buy a bass soon but I'm not skilled enough to slap like that.
I'm a guitar person

Oh sorry Rex^^ You wanna play

Oh sorry Rex^^ You wanna play lead? Harmony?

Whatever is left to play, it

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

Whatever is left to play, it doesn't really matter

i could probably make some

Jacob31593

i could probably make some crappy quality drums in like 10 seconds

this is the best quality i

Jacob31593

this is the best quality i can make...you should probably do the drums yourself D:
http://www.gametabs.net/files/user/Jacob31593/some%20drums.mp3

If Strangejam is in on this,

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

If Strangejam is in on this, it is bound to be fucking amazing. I am now eagerly awaiting the final product.

Nice Jacob! Those sounded

Nice Jacob! Those sounded much better than anything I could make. You want the job?^^

Re: Nice Jacob! Those sounded

Oh and Rex, you want to maybe mix? What kind of software do you have? Or do you want to play lead?

Jacob31593

Link Strife07 said

Nice Jacob! Those sounded much better than anything I could make. You want the job?^^

ok i'll be finished today

Cool. But I'm not gonna have my guitar for about 5 more days (Spring Break!) And Jacob, tell us how long the drums are (if they are one time through the song, or if they end like half way through, ect.)

Jacob31593

Jacob31593 said

Link Strife07 said

ok i'll be finished today

i'll be finished within the hour*

today im offering my crappy drums in three spectacular and exciting flavors!
first on the list we have the drums that dont loop through the song at all, they stop at the end! :O
GuileDrumsNoLoop

secondly we have the same thing, but this time they dont have the EQ settings that i prefer to use, so if you dont like them you have a file with a fresh start!
GuileDrumsNoLoopNoEQ

and lastly, its also the exact same thing, only now it loops once before stopping, wooooo
GuileDrumsOneLoop

happy mixing.

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

Link Strife07 said

Oh and Rex, you want to maybe mix? What kind of software do you have? Or do you want to play lead?

I can mix, with Audition (or maybe Cubase). I could do better drums too, with ezdrummer. Gotta reinstall it though, I'll do it tonight. Maybe Jam can do better too.

Now it's pretty good to have at least 2 rythm guitar (3 could be nice) so I can do the other rhythm track. Or some harmonies. Or both, let's hear everyone who wants to play and decide after.

Jam mentionned some solos too, it could be pretty interesting so a lot of people can join. Lots of gametabbers have pretty nice skillz, and not only electric guitarist (bass, bagpipe, keyboard, ...)

We have a bagpipatrix?

auriplane

We have a bagpipatrix?

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: We have a bagpipatrix?

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

Yeah, the great IRON LUNGS MAN

http://www.gametabs.net/user/6916

ok, here is what I can get

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

ok, here is what I can get without mixing

.mp3

Nice job both Rex and Jacob

Nice job both Rex and Jacob on the drums! So Rex, you want to mix and play rhythm? If you could record a rough copy of the rhythm and send it to me, that would be cool^^ I have no idea how the rhythm even goes cause I haven't touched my guitar in like a week :( But we still need bass...

Rex, how far do the drums go?

Should I start looking for a

Should I start looking for a bass player on youtube or does someone want to play bass? There is already a taaaab... XD

Re: Should I start looking for a

Jacob31593

real bass no come from tab, real bass come from soul

Yes, Jacob's right... WE NEED

Yes, Jacob's right... WE NEED SOMEBODY WITH A SOUL FOR BASS! :)

Re: Nice job both Rex and Jacob

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

Link Strife07 said

I have no idea how the rhythm even goes

me neither, I'm not even sure there's is a rhythm guitar. I'll see what I can do, I can easily see some cheesy funky stuff.

For the drum track, if we have solos we'll have to extend it.

And for the soulful bassist... *glares at auriplane with kitten eyes*

Me neither, but I can barely

Me neither, but I can barely hear a rhythm guitar that sounds like it is following the bass line somewhat. But when I have my guitar, I will try to figure it out^^ (Auri knows she secretly wants this amazing soulful bass though, I can tell...) :)

EDIT: Rex, you may want to slow the drums down a little bit, and once you get everything mixed, you can send the audio to me and I will make the video if you want :)

yeah, I left the default

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

yeah, I left the default Fruity Loops bpm so it's faster (140). let's set our bpm on 126.

Re: yeah, I left the default

ok, that's probably better :)

126 is what the drums i

Jacob31593

126 is what the drums i uploaded are at

I've tried to figure out some

I've tried to figure out some the rhythm, but it's pretty hard to do anything without my guitar :( Here is what I've got so far

/files/user/Link%20Strife07/Guile%20rhythm.mid

Don't mind the empty part at 0:6 and 0:13. And we can change the rhythm up a bit after we're done.

If someone could tell me how to upload a tuxguitar file so you guys could see the tab, that would be nice^^

good, basically got the same

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

good, basically got the same thing

hmm you can upload a tuxguitar file just like you upload a mid

Hey, thanks. Ya I basicly

Hey, thanks. Ya I basicly just followed the bass tab. But when I try to upload the tuxguitar, it says it needs to be midi, pdf, ect.

Re: Hey, thanks. Ya I basicly

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

.zip it

ok, here is the tuxguitar:

ok, here is the tuxguitar: /files/user/Link%20Strife07/Guile%20rhythm.zip

Thnx Rex^^

Does anyone else want to play

Does anyone else want to play lead or bass? :)

EDIT: If nobody wants to play bass I am going to start looking for someone on youtube. Last call! *cough auri cough*

I'm kind of working on a

auriplane

I'm kind of working on a couple projects :-(

----------

Auriplane!!

Re: I'm kind of working on a

Alright, that's cool. Is it for your friends game? That music sounds really good :)

Actually, the soundtrack for

auriplane

Actually, the soundtrack for my friend's game is complete now! :-) And thanks! It has 17 tracks, of which I wrote 16. I'm a little burnt out on spending time in Logic at this point, but that project's done. All that's left to do is upload the songs to Youtube when the game's released.

I'm working on a little flash game now ^-^ My snail icon is something I recently drew for it:

I want to write an 8-bit soundtrack for snaily game!! And I'm also working on a novel, because my lack of writing talent is so massive, it bends the fabric of reality around it, threatening to destroy the world. So I have no choice but to try to improve! I always have too many projects going, hehe.

Have you found a bassist yet?

----------

Auriplane!!

I'm the official "too lazy to

auriplane

I'm the official "too lazy to collab but making tabs anyway for no reason"-er.

http://www.gametabs.net/street-fighter-2/guiles-theme

----------

Auriplane!!

Auri, you are a music goddess

Auri, you are a music goddess :) You drew that snail? Nice! And also great tab! Unfortunatly no, I haven't found a bassist yet, but I'm working on it. And a novel, eh? Dang, you are creative! Good luck :)

Hey Rex, could you upload the

Hey Rex, could you upload the new drums, the ones at 126 bpm

just lemme know once the

StrangeJam

Da Manliness

just lemme know once the backtrack with drum+bass is ready and we can get this oging lol

Re: just lemme know once the

ya, but I still have to find a bassist. Should we just program it in? Anyways the backing track should be done by Wednesday or Thursday.

I can drop a solo :s

SalemJeanette

Save Your Tears.

I can drop a solo

----------

23:33 Vic9mm said: its ture ida benn gone she took out like 3 kids before had what was that fat ass asian kid gonna do

Little J.

I made some drums you could

auriplane

I made some drums you could use if you like

http://auriplane.net/guiledrums1.mp3

----------

Auriplane!!

(No subject)

Jacob31593

the best

.mp3 Time to choose between

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

.mp3

Time to choose between auri's drums or mine

It is natural drum kit auri right?

Nice auri! Hey no offense

Nice auri! Hey no offense Rex, but I like how auri added the 4 drum beats in the beggining. Sorry, again Rex, but do you want to play some lead or maybe program some bass in?

Well, I can add these beats

RexLeRouge

IMPACTO

Well, I can add these beats too, it's not a problem. It's more like which one sound better to you?

I don't have any good slap bass VST, so I'm not programming bass (unless someone give me that good slap bass VST)

And yeah, I still can play some guitar