You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

The Extreme (lonlonjp & ThulsaDoom version) / Final Fantasy VIII

ThulsaDoom

ThulsaDoom

Well I wanted to this since a long time now but never was really able to.
So I took 10 hours of my time transcribing this piece of a biest ^_^.

Yeah this isn't exactly lonlonjp's version but it's based on his arrangement and I changed some parts, added some notes there and there replaced the tapping part and so on but basically you will mostly hear lonlonjp's version, therefore I call it (lonlonjp and ThulsaDoom version) ^_^

It isn't perfect of course and it's incredibly hard but it sounds nice.

Hope you like it give it a try if you can :).

zip:
The Extreme (lonlonjp & ThulsaDoom version)

txt:
The Extreme (lonlonjp & ThulsaDoom version)

10 hours?!! Hell of a job,

Bhael

10 hours?!! Hell of a job, well done :D

O.O Dang this sounds

Zodiark

O.O
Dang this sounds great.
From the time I saw this one from lonlon I thought it's pretty impossible to tab :D
Amazing job.

Not to nitpick here as it

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

Not to nitpick here as it seems like a great arrangement, but labeling this as "lonlonjp and thulsadoom version" implies that it is some sort of collaboration (to me, at least), when in actuality this is your own arrangement heavily based off of lonlonjp's. I understand that this probably was not the intention, and instead it was to give credit where credit is due, but when this is put up it would probably be best to omit the moniker from the title to avoid confusion.

wow

lognar

now that takes dedication. very nice thulsadoom :D

Re: Not to nitpick here as it

hslesperance

So should this go in the mega thread nate

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

When I originally made the

natenmn

I haven't had a chance to trim my hedges recently. Thanks for visiting anyway...

When I originally made the thread I did include this little part:

If a tab is based on his arrangement but intentionally contains changes to differentiate itself from lonlonjp's version, it will not be posted here.

I included this guideline so that there would be a resource of lonlonjp tabs readily available that were as accurate as possible without causing confusion. Including other arrangements based on lonlonjp videos into the main list may be confusing for those who are looking for faithful transcriptions and not arrangements inspired by lonlonjp. At this time, I don't think it would be the best idea... however in the future if more "based on" arrangements emerge, we can add another section in the thread just for them.

Well ok I'm sorry then.

ThulsaDoom

ThulsaDoom

Well ok I'm sorry then. Originally I wanted to tab the lonlonjp's version but I just recognized that I won't get everything exactly as he played it so I arranged some parts myself and added some notes there and there and changed other ones again.

Yeah and calling it like that is just due to the fact that I wanted to give credit to lonlon because without his arrangement my tab wouldn't be complete therefore I can't claim that it is my version. Still I agree that it sounds like an collaboration that I helped arranging lonlonjp's video which is of course not the case.

As I understood now the tab won't get posted on the site not even just as "The Extreme"?

Don't worry it will still be

natenmn

Don't worry it will still be posted on Gametabs XD. It was just my suggestion that it be posted as "The Extreme" rather than "The Extreme (lonlonjp and ThulsaDoom version)" to avoid confusion.

The other stuff we were talking about was adding it to the Official Lonlonjp Mega-thread list. Though it probably won't be added to the list in that thread, I still encourage you to post a link to it in there and discuss it if you'd like.

How much of this is your own?

Bhael

How much of this is your own? If it's just a few measures I'm sure it would be a different case than if it was a new arrangement merely based on his. If the case is the latter you may want to get his permission to use his own work in such a way. Just speculating :)

Ok then we can post this as

ThulsaDoom

ThulsaDoom

Ok then we can post this as "The Extreme" and I will leave a note to the tab later in the lonlonjp thread just to discuss about whoever wants to do that ^_^.

Okay, here is the tab

hslesperance

Okay, here is the tab http://www.gametabs.net/final-fantasy-viii/extreme-0

I guess you can add a comment to the megathread

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance