You're looking at an archived, read-only version of our old community forum. See our new community forum here.

Final Fantasy VII - Opening ~ Bombing Mission (I'm now insane) [UPDATED]

Sivart

Alright. I really don't think I should have started this project so late at night or when I'm drugged up on cough syrup but I got bored so... Yeah. I wanted to fulfill a request for the FFVII Opening tune and I've got a chunk of it done but I would really appreciate it if it could get a look-over so that I might know if I'm doing something wrong. ...There's a part in the song that goes beyond the range of any normal guitar and I tabbed it out like 24, 26, 27, etc. to show that that is what the notes SHOULD be but might not necessarily be played as. Because aside from tone bending (like with a pedal) I wouldn't know how to get higher octaves like that. :O

So I'd appreciate it if anyone willing would give the MIDI so far a listen and check out the Guitar Pro tab to give me so advice! :)

MIDI
GP5

Well, the only note that

hslesperance

Well, the only note that actually goes very high is the first 24. The rest of them could be moved up one string which will bring the fret number down by 4 or 5.

----------

My Original Songs - https://soundcloud.com/hslesperance

So far it sounds good

hslesperance

So far it sounds good

----------

Re: So far it sounds good

Sivart

Ok, so I feel really stupid for that whole octave thing... But I fixed that pretty easily and continued truckin' on. I decided to add some percussion because it sounds wrong without it but I only have part of the song done with that.

So here's what I've got so far:

New GP5
New MIDI

Seems good so far. But on

hslesperance

Seems good so far. But on measures 70 and 98 of track 1, try using more strings. The first note for example should be G19 instead of e10.

And is the ending actually in the song or did you just make that yourself? Becuase I listened to the song and there was no "ending"; it just repeated.

----------

Yeah, I totally threw that in

Sivart

Yeah, I totally threw that in there last night. I actually had forgotten about it but I think I just wanted some kind of logical ending for the song because the song already repeats various parts.

Thank God for this website

Sivart

Thank God for this website holding onto these files of mine. I'm aware that this is a necro, but for the longest time I thought I had lost my work to hard drive failure.

It's been so long since I worked on this thing, so I can't remember for the life of me if I had anything else planned for the arrangement. However, I think I'll submit this soon, provided someone would be willing to give this thing another listen and give me some feedback.

This is really good, I forgot

hslesperance

This is really good, I forgot this never got submitted. Like I said in the previous post, just make some of the parts a bit more playable by using. It might just be those two measure actually. The end chords seems strange but I can't think of any other way to end it.

----------

Any update? I wonder how this

SpiderTemplarius

Music hunger

Any update? I wonder how this one will turn out :) I attempted to arrange this for solo guitar many times, but this piece is just too damn complex :D

As soon as I get some free

Sivart

As soon as I get some free time to touch up the files... I'll submit this for upload. Life's doing a good job of keeping me occupied at the moment. :)