Login or Register to remove this ad.

Good sir: Just as weird as ever, and I still totally enjoyed it.

Want You Gone [Epic Game Music] 4 years 8 weeks ago

Please tell me you know how to make that slide possible on your classical! Because it is. It totally is.

Sun's Song 4 years 8 weeks ago

>10/20

Not on MY classical guitar, you ain't!

Sun's Song 4 years 8 weeks ago

I've got an electric guitar arrangement tabbed. It's not a 100% transcription, because I changed some things that were too ridiculously difficult to play, but it's about 99% true to the original.

Anyway, if you need help hearing the notes or such, you can grab my tab and transpose or do whatever you want with it. ^-^;

If you didn't need help hearing the notes, and the problem is that the complexity and tessiture kicked your butt, then we're in the same boat xD!

successor of fate 4 years 8 weeks ago

i thought it wasn't that complicated,but after hearing how the music progressed, i died, fyi im a complete noob haha

successor of fate 4 years 8 weeks ago

You'll eat your words; the Lon Lon Ranch music is in swing rhythm.

Epona's Song 4 years 8 weeks ago

Wow, this might be one of my favorite tabs on the site. Excellent job.

Nephilim 4 years 8 weeks ago

The arrangement is Stamen47's, just to be clear.

Blue Fields 4 years 8 weeks ago

Oh cool, I may have to watch it

Breeze On a Hill 4 years 8 weeks ago

It's actually a anime movie!

Breeze On a Hill 4 years 8 weeks ago

I never played the game, but amazing sounding song. I'm glad some things are challenging here!

Breeze On a Hill 4 years 8 weeks ago

Awesome! This game seems pretty unrepresented, i'll try to do another if I can

A Song for Time 4 years 8 weeks ago

Added to favorites. Love the last two chords.

A Song for Time 4 years 8 weeks ago

Sweet, thanks for the tab, I'll definitely ry it out.

Blue Fields 4 years 8 weeks ago

If you like this song you would probably like the tab I made of "A Song for Time" from final fantasy 13-2. Even if you haven't played it, there's a lot of awesome complex chords.

Blue Fields 4 years 8 weeks ago

I just listened to your song, very awesome man! I loved it! I have another version I'd like to record, will compliment yours nicely =)

And i'm the same, I don't memorize anything anymore, I write some stuff requiring multiple instruments, so memorizing one instrument would sound incomplete.

Blue Fields 4 years 8 weeks ago

I never look at the guitar pretty much haha, I kind of just read the tabs straight. As a result, I don't remember many songs, but I can generally pick up new ones pretty quick. And it's funny you mention Eyes on Me, I uploaded a recording of it a few days ago https://soundcloud.com/gideon-shrier/final-fantasy-eyes-on-me . I might upload some more stuff to this site in youtube format, I just don't want to post too much in a short period of time.

Blue Fields 4 years 8 weeks ago

Thanks! That's a huge compliment! Its funny too cause I don't have the song memorized, I didn't look at the guitar once the whole song, I was reading off the sheet music in front of me. I think I'll work on an awesome arrangement of Eyes On Me next.

I've really been on a final fantasy viii kick lately

Blue Fields 4 years 8 weeks ago

Well it helped to know I was using the right fingering.

I played electric guitar for a long time, self-taught. Needless to say, I picked up a lot of bad habits. I've been trying to smooth them out, but of course, it takes a little time to re-write well established brain circuitry.

I noticed that when playing that particular chord as it was quite high up the neck with the capo on, my arm/body position would restrict the angle of my fingers on the strings. So while that chord I still find a little uncomfortable (I tend to visualise it as an A minor with a C bass note, but the delay on the little finger gets me in trouble since that note is plucked first), maybe there's still hope for it.

I've been trying to find a resource for a while on a theory behind finger choice depending on chord shape for classical guitar. There's the basic one finger per fret rule, and the occasional tab with it marked, but I get the distinct feeling this is one thing you have to figure out yourself sometimes.

Anyway, ramble over, once more, thanks for the tab!

Overworld 4 years 8 weeks ago

Thanks! The constructive criticism is helpful as well, I hadn't really noticed that. And daw, thanks for being proud of me.

I'm Proud Of You 4 years 9 weeks ago

Awesome song, Great game, Thanks for sharing :D

Ending 4 years 9 weeks ago

This is great Choogly.Really like how you record it and of course the slide show is awesome.It will be perfect if there is no vibration in the middle of the recording.Anyway,I am proud of you anyhow.

I'm Proud Of You 4 years 9 weeks ago

Thanks! :D yes i kinda go hard on my guitar because im recording into a phone and it doesnt do a very good job picking up the sound

Chrono Trigger - Main Theme 4 years 9 weeks ago

Good job! You've got a nice handle on dynamics, I can hear you really putting yourself into what you play. It's probably the most rare and important talent a musician can have, imo.

Blue Fields 4 years 9 weeks ago

This is definitely worth an awesome rating.
Maybe playing so hard on your guitar is what's making it sound kind of harsh through your mic or whatever you're using.
All in all it's a cool arrangement :-)

Chrono Trigger - Main Theme 4 years 9 weeks ago

Not bad at all.
Really interesting arrangement. Nice job dude.

Blue Fields 4 years 9 weeks ago

I'm well aware of both the game and anime tabs on the site ^^

And yes, sadly I've only ever learned to read tabs, not partiture. Now would be as good a time as any, it seems.

Ailes Grises 4 years 9 weeks ago

Thank you! I never got all the stars haha, wasn't much of a completionist when I was a kid.

Peach's Castle 4 years 9 weeks ago

You did a really nice job on this. ^_^ I remember hearing it a lot. @.@ I was stuck with 119 stars for the longest time.

Peach's Castle 4 years 9 weeks ago

:3, not a solo piece but . .

i just might record that.

nice work, i love terranigma

Quatro's 4 years 9 weeks ago

Thanks, glad I could bring honor to the house of Bhael. Probably going to upload some more covers of your stuff in the near future. Especially the Baldur's Gate 2 tabs :D.

I'm Proud Of You 4 years 9 weeks ago

Wow, that picture is pretty amazing, what did you use to make it?

I'm Proud Of You 4 years 9 weeks ago

Awesome! I learnt it and posted a video. Care to watch?

Level 1 4 years 9 weeks ago

If all you're looking for is the exact same thing he is playing, I suggest you to take a look at his video description.

There's this link:

There, you can find the partiture.

If you can't read partitures, you've got yourself a nice motivation to start learning.
It will benefit you as a guitarist.

Ailes Grises 4 years 9 weeks ago

Love it ! :D

Alone 4 years 9 weeks ago

Pretty Cool ! Nice Work

Deku Tree's Last Words 4 years 9 weeks ago

Glad I could help. Enjoy it!

Dreams Dreams 4 years 9 weeks ago

Nice!

Peach's Castle 4 years 9 weeks ago

It might seem weird, but anime tabs are allowed on the site :-)

Ailes Grises 4 years 9 weeks ago

Well, it's not really from a video game (this site is called "gametabs" btw.) but I guess I could make a tab by ear. Just gotta give me 2-3 days.

Ailes Grises 4 years 9 weeks ago

Daw, thanks a lot! I've been recording a lot of stuff, I have it on my soundcloud. https://soundcloud.com/gideon-shrier , should I upload more in video form :D?

I'm Proud Of You 4 years 9 weeks ago

The link to the arranged version is in the green "Listen" button, in case anyone's confused. Just wanted to clear that up!

Ailes Grises 4 years 9 weeks ago

Thanks! Man, people are so nice on this site

Peach's Castle 4 years 9 weeks ago

This is aweesome ermagerd!

Peach's Castle 4 years 9 weeks ago

You use an X when you are slapping the string like this tab http://www.gametabs.net/chrono-trigger/day-world-revived

I'm not sure how to notate it when you slap the body of the guitar, maybe put X's on every string

Main Theme 4 years 9 weeks ago

How is it that youve been around so long and we only get to hear you play now! This is great!

I'm Proud Of You 4 years 9 weeks ago

Whats the common notation for a percussive slap? Haha i didnt write them in because its just one of those things i do without thinking about it

Main Theme 4 years 9 weeks ago

I listened to this song from the soundtrack on repeat the entire time I was making this picture lol. great soundtrack to work with.

I'm Proud Of You 4 years 9 weeks ago

Freakin nice job man!

I'm Proud Of You 4 years 9 weeks ago

You can post it in the WIP forum if you want. I wasn't sure if this was the final version becuase the recording has some percussive slaps that are not included in the tab.

Main Theme 4 years 9 weeks ago

Login or Register to remove this ad.