Login or Register to remove this ad. | Advertise Here

Very nice, sounds just like it should

Music Box 2 years 34 weeks ago

I read this as duel of the fatties off the main homepage lolol
nice job on this one

Duel Of The Fates 2 years 34 weeks ago

Yea that's the part i meant, I copied the wrong spot haha... whoops for not reading the whole line. Yea, right after that part I copied it should be on the 5th fret from there on out, seeing as it changes to minor

On the Other Side of the Mountain 2 years 34 weeks ago

Alright awesome :)
Yeah UT has really good music, I had not heard this song in several years just stumbled upon it this morning and since learning to play some guitar thought "damn, this might sound really cool on an amp" and started tabbing it. These composers are really good and I remember Deus Ex has great music as well, I think some of the same composers. I'm gonna have to go and listen to the UT songs again as I've forgotten how good they are.
I gotta learn to play this one properly first though :)

Go Down 2 years 34 weeks ago

thanks man, you have no idea how much I love unreal/UT's music. Alexander Brandon is my hero! XD

Go Down 2 years 34 weeks ago

Well if this link works it would be in this one, http://www.gametabs.net/files/Deck%2016%20-%20Go%20Down.zip

Includes all sorts of exported files but the .gp5 might not be working, gp6 doesn't convert it properly sometimes

Go Down 2 years 34 weeks ago

please give me the GP file PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ DO WANT

Go Down 2 years 34 weeks ago

Done today. It's not approved here or on UG yet because it's fresh, I've put it up here as a preview http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jzu2xjlXXIw
Gpx/5 will be ready shortly, enjoy, it's quite fun to play you need to tune down 3 steps

Edit: Lol thread from 2 years ago apparently

Go Down 2 years 34 weeks ago

You could play the chord like this, but the two bottom notes will be out of order when arpeggiated

e-----
B--3--
G--0--
D--0--
A--7--
E-----

Or you can play the way it is written in the tab and leave out the bottom A5. Both A5 and B3 are D so you won't be changing the chord just leaving out the low D.

End Theme 2 years 34 weeks ago

I'm shocked to see that the chord is pretty easy to play, because it's so hard for me. ):
no, I've put my thumb at half of the fret board's back already. Guess it's the problem of my small hand and short fingers?
Is it really no other way to play that chord?
Anyway, thanks a lot for spending your time on reading my problem and helping me to solve it. :)

End Theme 2 years 34 weeks ago

Oh nice pointing that out. You're actually incorrect for that moment: it's a G# just like the tab indicates. It's not an accidental since it's still in E key, and switches to G right after. He did do accidentals which shouldn't be here after that keychange though:

E--3-----5-----7-----2--------------|
B-----0-----0-----0-----0-----0-----|
G--------------------------2--------|
D--2-----4-----6-----1--------------|
A--------------------------------2--|
E-----------------------------------| x2

it's supposed to be a 5/G here which gumby didn't notice. And that applies to every G# for the bass line 'till the end, they're all supposed to be G, with the expection of the very last one:

e0-------------|
B---0-----0----|
G------1-------|
D------------2-|
A--------------|
E0-------------|

This is the only G# in the bass line after the key change at least. I haven't checked the other voices for possible identical mistakes though.

Edit: TheDoomOfAllFires tabbed a similar version but with such mistakes corrected. http://www.gametabs.net/final-fantasy-vii/on-other-side-mountain

On the Other Side of the Mountain 2 years 34 weeks ago

Hi,

Dunno about the GP5 file. I got error messages trying to open in my GP5, it's exported from GP6 - maybe it's just my GP5. Embedded txt and pdf to the zip file in case but this sounds and looks best in GP6 imo :)

Go Down (Deck 16) 2 years 34 weeks ago

In the part with the keychange when you're walking up:

e--4---2---7---0-------0-2-4-------2-------0---------|
B----0---0---0---2---2-------0---0---0---0---0---0---|
G------------------2-----------2-------2-------1-----|
D--2---1---6---------------------------------------2-|
A--------------0-------0-2-2-------2-----------------|
E------------------------------------------0---------|
           ^  that 6th fretted note on the D string (G#)

shouldn't that note be a G, on the 5th fret? or is it supposed to be an accidental in that key? It's been a while since i"ve heard the song, but I think that might be off.

otherwise, excellent tab! great tune

On the Other Side of the Mountain 2 years 34 weeks ago

Do you have your thumb on the back of the neck? This chord should be pretty easy to play, but it'd probably be hard if you had your thumb wrapped around the neck.

If that's not the problem, I don't think I can help without seeing your hand @_@;

End Theme 2 years 34 weeks ago

my middle finger's too long, while pinky's too short. so it's hard for the middle finger to press down for better sound and my index finger will end up touching the lower string. D:

End Theme 2 years 34 weeks ago

Index on 2, middle on 3, pinky on 5

End Theme 2 years 34 weeks ago

e-----
B---3-
G---0-
D---2-
A---5-
E----- how?? :O

End Theme 2 years 34 weeks ago

Since I'm a fan of this game and used to play it for years (without music on lol), I'll do "Go Down". It's this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZSAgEhyUrjE

I'll do it 3 steps down (gl me keeping that in tune), either that or dropped A# depending on what plays better when soloing starts.

8 first bars done they go like this

A#|----------------------------------------------------|
F |----------------------------------------------------|
C#|----------------------------------------------------|
G#|----------------------------------------------------|
D#|----------------------------------------------------|
A#|--0M----0M----12----0h-10----0h-12-------5M-6M-7M---|

----------------------------------------------------|
----------------------------------------------------|
----------------------------------------------------|
----------------------------------------------------|
----------------------------------------------------|
--0M----0M----12----0h-10----0h-12----4M-5M-6M-7M---|

Will be fun to tab, I know the background riff has sort of semi dead notes :)
It will be a GP score. Cheers

Phantom 2 years 34 weeks ago

your guitarface is the best on the site

Hornet Man 2 years 34 weeks ago

well its more than just a few, from what i can tell the only songs they dont share are the dungeon and area themes
but i agree that the music is nothing special

Dancing Dragon Dungeon 2 years 34 weeks ago

dude those camera angles, that beard, you are the one.

Hornet Man 2 years 34 weeks ago

Just a few similar tracks there as they said, regardless the music is IMO quite weak in these 2 games, at least in comparison to other zeldas :)

Dancing Dragon Dungeon 2 years 34 weeks ago

You can upload an updated version to fix the errors

Dancing Dragon Dungeon 2 years 34 weeks ago

The overworld and credits are the same, maybe a couple other songs. But they have different areas and different dungeons with its own music.

Dancing Dragon Dungeon 2 years 34 weeks ago

i dont remember this song at all! i played oracle of ages but i thought they had the same music

Dancing Dragon Dungeon 2 years 34 weeks ago

check your private message

Where the Wind and Feather Return 2 years 34 weeks ago

It hurts, but it's worth the pain!

The Salt Flats 2 years 34 weeks ago

I found 2 very small duration mistakes. 2nd bar 5th string 8-7h-8p-7-5
The 2 first notes there are 16th, the 2 next are 32nd

4th bar 5th string 7-8p-7h-8p-7p-5
The 2 first notes are 16th, the next two are 64th, the following is 32nd and the last is 16th

Same next loop.

Sigh :) However it's probably not noticeable

Video version, which is updated with this: http://youtu.be/zHAMNRR3M5c

Dancing Dragon Dungeon 2 years 34 weeks ago

you love to play it, it's simple, sounds great....but it's so saaaaaad ;(

Omae no Daiji na Renchuu Nara Iru daro Omae no Naka ni 2 years 34 weeks ago

Badass

Moonsong 2 years 34 weeks ago

hi!
can you send me the .txt format?
i can't open .gp5 ..

Where the Wind and Feathers Return 2 years 34 weeks ago

hi!
can you also send me the .txt format?

Where the Wind and Feather Return 2 years 34 weeks ago

Great stuff.

I really must stress the importance of "tab it how you would play it". There are almost always several ways to play a part, but one particular way that makes the most sense. One thing I often see is, while doing a lot of power chords on 5-9 and then they put short notes/licks on 0-3 when they can be played on the same frets, rarely makes sense.

I recommend using audacity or other software that can slow down the tempo of a song without changing pitch.

For incomprehensible bass lines or instruments that "blend in", changing pitch to one octave higher (with same or slower speed) can REALLY help. In general though the ears/brain are the best tools, listening over and over focusing on a particular sound/part, they somehow start to filter them :)

I also recommend headphones or plugs where you can detach one of the sides. For sections that are in stereo, this is excellent for figuring out dual guitar riffs or other instruments.

I agree with everything in this article.

How to Transcribe Stuff (Tutorial by hslesperance) 2 years 34 weeks ago

Yes hi I've just submitted it (or tried to :). I put the exported ASCII there also but it looks a bit messy as it's originally tabbed in GP, and it doesn't have the bass lines nor the rhythm sections

Dancing Dragon Dungeon 2 years 34 weeks ago

Hi,

I don't use this site but I saw there was a request for this song and incidentally I just made this a few hours ago.

Originally made in GP6/.gpx and not .gp5, I have however exported into .gp5 and ASCII as well as attached an mp3 file which is an export as well of my tab. It's all ear transcribed of a clip I found on youtube.

For comments shoot me a PM or visit me on UG :) I did NOT like the music at all in this game except for this one song, so I won't tab other songs. Cheers!

Dancing Dragon Dungeon, level 4 2 years 34 weeks ago

Hey, we can post it for you on this site as long as you export an ASCII. You can include any other files you want (GP5, GPX, PDF, MID, whatever).

We'll only post it if you want it on Gametabs, of course. But I'm sure people would appreciate it! :-)

Dancing Dragon Dungeon 2 years 34 weeks ago

Hi, I did this one today by chance. gpx format.

I'm a UG user though and it will be there by Monday at least. I can export to ascii or gp5 if people want though. Will try to put it up here but I don't know what this site is

Cheers

Dancing Dragon Dungeon 2 years 34 weeks ago

Get it from Lonlon

Shirohae- lonlonjp version 2 years 34 weeks ago

*_*

Confession 2 years 34 weeks ago

Outro part (a bit after 3:00 from the ost version).

E.  S E  E  H           S S S S E  E  Q    Q

^
  E.  S E  E  E.  S E  E     Q    Q    H
--------------------------|---------------------||
--------------------------|---------------------||
--------------------------|--3------------------||
--L---3-L--2--L---1-L--0--|---------------------||

Then the end-end is on a C (A string, fret #3) again. And yeah, double bass.

Tank! 2 years 34 weeks ago

Great job!

Omae no Daiji na Renchuu Nara Iru daro Omae no Naka ni 2 years 34 weeks ago

First of all. He is playing a stand up bass. The tabs are correct but they are missing certin hammer-ons to make it sound spot on. I dont know how to submit tabs or I'd give it to you correct, but from the first riff you do an

G-----0------------
D---------4-3--2---
A--3------------0(hammeron)1-
E------------------

do the same for when it changes octives for the second part

Tank! 2 years 34 weeks ago

It's very good and I feel that this arrangement would fit a 7-string guitar really well :D

Mimiga Town 2 years 34 weeks ago

Well polish my nuts and serve my a milkshake....

Sons of Skyrim 2 years 34 weeks ago

comment field is required.

On The Beach of Dreams - Another World 2 years 34 weeks ago

This sounds really nice, I'm just too lazy to switch tunings haha

Mimiga Town 2 years 34 weeks ago

Thanks! I saw your tab and played it, and I was like, "Damn, this is so badass and the guy who made it is really badass! I should make a tab from Minecraft too!" Your Minecraft Tab "Sweden"inspired me to make a Minecraft Tab too, so thank you!

Wet Hands 2 years 34 weeks ago

thanks!~

Cybeast Battle 2 years 34 weeks ago

cool, you finished it
sounds good man!

Cybeast Battle 2 years 34 weeks ago

this tab is awesome and easy to play, Halo4Life ;)

The Maw 2 years 34 weeks ago